WEEK of SUNDAY March 24th through SATURDAY the 30th, 2023

SUNDAY:   I picked Jan up in order to take her to church this morning.  Church was PACKED


and Pastor Craig gave a great sermon.  This happened on Sunday the 24th (Jonathon picking up Pastor Craig and carrying him down off of the stage) but this photograph may be relative to next Sundays sermon.  

  After church Lori and I firmed up our plans for tomorrow evening.  We will meet at five thirty at the Mexican restaurant on the Transit and then come to my house to play a game or two.  I finished up the deep dish pizza from Little Caesers for my lunch.   Gail, Marty and Andrew brought over a brand new small refrigerator, which they took upstairs for Ben, Susan and Jacob to use while they are staying here.  I had a nap and then worked on my Life Group homework. 

MONDAY:  I puttered around and finished cleaning and straightening my refrigerator.  I went to the Y for my WALK WITH EASE class, then came home and rested before meeting Lori at AQUAGATES the Mexican restaurant on Transit.  I treated her to supper for her birthday.   When we were finished there, we met up at my house where we played a game of SCRABBLE.  I gave here a few items of clothing that Gail left here.  She likes them and said they will fit.  Michalene called while Lori was here (in response to an email I sent her earlier today), but I did not answer, and I will call her back tomorrow. Lori had brought some leftover birthday cake from a surprise party her other Bible study friends had for on her birthday a few days ago.  It was good!!!

TUESDAY:  I showered and washed my hair this morning, but still made it to Life Group on time.  The group attending was somewhat smaller than the last few weeks.  Cindi announced that she will not be in town next Tuesday, so our meeting next week is cancelled.   Five of us went to lunch at THE FIELDSTONE.  I had the soup and salad with an upgrade to onion soup.  The onion soup was not as good as it has been in the past.  

When I got home, I cleaned off both the bottom and top landings to the stairs that go to the upstairs apartment, and cleaned dust off of the bottom four or five steps.  The steps and landings look somewhat better.   I spent the rest of the day at home.  I added a couple of pictures to the family pages on Facebook.  I think my grandmother (Margaret Mildred Nolan Niethe) is the girl in the middle of this classroom picture. 
Wednesday the 27th.  In the morning, I puttered around the house doing various small tasks including paying a few bills.  Betty called to tell me that the United Church of Christ on east Avenue was offering a dinner tonight.  I looked up info. and found out the time and called her back.  I suggested that she could pick up two dinners and bring them to my house and we could eat together and she agreed. Michaelene called and we agreed to meet at noon tomorrow at Cusimano's for lunch.  I left early for my class at the Y and stopped at Aldi and returned an item.  I also stopped at THE LKPT ENERGY HOUSE.   They have changed their offerings.  They only offer a few flavors of shakes, but now offer slushies and bubble tea.  I tried a REESES shake since they no longer have my favorite MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP.  It was pretty good, but not as thick as the old shakes I used to get.  I think I will try a shake one more time to see if my runny shake was the exception or the rule.  My class at the Y went well.  We were given ten minutes and told to walk as fast as we comfortably can to see how many times we can go around the track.  I did it six times, and so did one other class participant.  We took our pulse before and after doing that.  Then we walked some more, without any time pressure.  After that we did some cool down exercises.  Some of us in the group exchanged phone numbers for the future after this class is done (we are in our fourth week out of six).  Hopefully, some of us can get together for walks and hikes.  Breanna showed us pictures taken of her "trial" hairdo for her upcoming wedding.  She will look beautiful.  When I got home, I rested a little while.  A few minutes after five p.m.  Betty pulled into my driveway with our meals, and Susan pulled into the other driveway.  She and Ben and Jacob will be staying in the upstairs apartment for a few weeks or months until they find a new place to live.  They left Arizona four or five days ago.  I greeted her and we talked a little bit and she went upstairs to the apartment.  Ben and Jacob are unloading their rental truck at the storage place. Gail came over and went upstairs an spent some time with Susan.  Betty and I had a nice supper and a visit.  

FRIDAY:  this morning I finished reading FINDING  ME  
I met up with Michaelene,  a woman I met at the library a few months ago, at Cusimano's for lunch.  She treated and I had a small BLT sub.  It was very good.  As we left, we agreed to meet up at the Y.  However, she could not find her cell phone, so we spent several minutes looking both inside her car and inside the restaurant.  Finally, she found it in her coat pocket in the backseat of her car.  She had been sure that she left it sitting on the front seat.  The first two times I called her number, the phone did not ring, but the third time it did!  Go figure.  We went to the Y and I was allowed to bring her in as a guest.  I showed her around and we walked around the track three times.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  For my supper I used the tortillas I brought home from Aquacates the other night and put the leftover chicken and onion inside and added some cheese and made quesadillas for my supper 
I tried to find a movie on HOOPLA to watch in the evening.  The first two or three I chose either did not interest me or I had seen before, so I settled on THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO.

  It was very good and now I want to read the book.  I talked to Pam on FB and we agreed to meet up at the Kenan Center at noon to see the current art exhibit.

FRIDAY:  I saw Susan walking their dog this a.m. so I caught her before she went back upstairs.  I told her that I wanted to have them for supper some night soon.  We agreed on Monday at six p.m.  She said she does not eat meat, so I will prepare macaroni and cheese.  They put an offer on a house yesterday.  Ben is flying back to Arizona to complete his job transfer from there to here and will return (with his car) when that has been taken care of.  He asked about paying for their share of utilities and agreed to work it out when he returns.  I met up with Pam at the Kenan for the current art exhibit.

Niagara Frontier Plein Air Painters presents: “The Essence of Place” 

 Then we went to Arbys for a light lunch.  Then I went to the Y for WALK WITH EASE.  I walked 25 minutes today, without stopping, but I walked fairly slow.  then I went to WalMart for a few groceries.  There was a young couple in front of me at the cash out line who were buying Easter toys and candy for their kids.  They did not have any bags, so I gave them one of mine.  

I went home and put groceries away and laid down on the couch and put on todays BEN SHAPIRO show.  I probably drifted off.  Peggy called and we talked for a few minutes.  I went to the GOOD FRIDAY service.  First thing I noticed when I walked in was this decorated area in the lobby.


at Freedom South, and sat with Donna, Betty and Elaine.  It was a beautiful service.



  Peggy and Dom did a portion of it, and they did wonderfully.

  On the way home I stopped at Mark's Pizzeria and bought a small pizza which I took home.  I had only missed a couple of minutes of 20/20 so I watched that.  

SATURDAY the 30th of Marh, 2024 :  I called Peggy to see if she wanted to go with me to visit Carrie and got the bad news that she does not feel well and wants to stay home all day resting.  I did some housework in the morning, and then went to the library to pick up the DVD about the KINDERTRANSPORT thta I had requested.  I went to Niagara Produce and purchased a couple of fresh vegetables for the meal I will prepare for Susan and Jacob on Monday and two packages of cookies and one of peanut donuts to take with me to the HOOVER ROAD residence where I was headed for a visit with Carrie.  I had a good visit with Carrie and met the new resident, Larry.  Unfortunately, Jennifer went by ambulance to a hospital earlier today.  Staff could not tell me what happened.  On the way back to Lockport, I stopped at TOPS to see if they might have some of my favorite iced tea (Subtly Sweet) and they did so I got two large bottles, also some vegetable juice and a half gallon of LACTAID milk.  When I got home I had lunch and started watching the rest of THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO for the second time.  I took a nap on the couch in the afternoon.  I messaged Jan and she wants to go to church tomorrow.f  Unfortuately, she is in a lot of pain in her wrist an arm.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024