SUNDAY April 14th through SATURDAY April 20th, 2024

 SUNDAY the 14th:  Jan called in the morning and said that she was unable to get sufficient sleep last  night because of her cat keeping her awake, so she would not be going to church today.  Church was very good.  After church there was a CONNECT (seniors) event.  I think there were about fifty seniors there.  I passed out new CONNECT DIRECTORIES and kept a list of who I gave them to.  Lunch was pulled pork, coleslaw and baked beans with several choices for dessert.  We had guest speakers.  Kerith McDonalds mother and aunt, who talked about their parent's missionary work in Vietnam.  I spent the afternoon at home, dozing off on the couch.  Connie called to tell me that AMERICA'S FUNNIEST VIDEOS comes on at seven p.m. on channel 7.  I called Pam and asked her if she wanted to go for a walk.  First, she said she did not know and talked about being concerned for her son's safety.  He is in the navy somewhere near the middle east.  Then she said she wanted to go and we agreed to meet behind the library in fifteen minutes.  We walked around "downtown". Pam was in kind of a negative mood and had a lot of negative things to say about various locations we passed. After we finished our walk and said good-bye, I went to PIZZA OVEN and purchased two slices of pizza for my supper.  I watched part of AMERICA'S FUNNIEST VIDEOS, and then CALL THE MIDWIFE and then MR. BATES vs THE POST OFFICE.

MONDAY the 15th:  I had my appointment with Dr Kurbs in the morning and also went to Northwest Bank and the library to pick up a book.  I went to TOPS in Wrights Corners to get a couple of items but ended up with SEVERAL ITEMS.  When I got home, I prepared lunch and rested until it was time to go pick Jan up to take her to EXCELSIOR for her appointment.   Her cast was taken off and she was given a splint to wear on her left wrist any time she is doing anything besides sitting around.  She can now drive, wearing the splint.  When I got home, I did some raking of the front lawn and put the debris in one of the trash cans.  

I started reading this book today :  


TUESDAY the 16th:  Life Group and then Cindi went to THE MAYFLOWER and picked up lunch for several of us who decided to stay and eat together.  On the way home, I stopped at RiteAid to pick up toilet paper on sale and some Turmeric.  Spent the rest of the day at home.  Several phone calls in the afternoon.  Got ready for tomorrows trip with the Barker Seniors.  Made arrangements with Cindi to go to RUSTIC BUFFALO on Thursday and with Jan to go to the flea market type PRESALE at the church in Gasport.  Also, I saw an event in FB that I thought Peggy and David might like, it is a tour of a factory in North Tonawanda.  CONFER PLASTICS is the name of it, I think.  I registered all three of us after I talked to Peggy.  I received a confirmation email saying I got the time I requested:  two p.m. on June 12th.  

WEDNESDAY:  today was the Barker Seniors bus trip to Buffalo and East Aurora presented by HAPPY DAZE TOURS.   This meant meeting up at quarter to eight at St. Brendan's on the Lake church on Ewings road in Newfane.  It was NOT easy getting up early enough for this.  

When I arrived a few minutes early, a lot of people were already there.  I parked next to Becky and motioned for her to come over and sit in my car and wait with me.  The bus arrived and Becky told me to try to get TWO whole seats, one for each of us, across from other.  I was able to accomplish this, and it did make things nice for her and I, each of us had plenty of room.  Becky was nursing a sprained ankle and was able to elevate it at times.  First, we went to the Theodore Roosevelt Inauguration site in Buffalo, and we had a guided tour. 




Then to lunch at CHARLIE'S DINER, then to the Millard Fillmore Museum (House) and then to VIDLERS in East Aurora.  Before going into Vidler's I walked up and down Main Street, on both sides.  
(The only thing I purchased at VIDLER's were come caramel creams.)

and then to the MADE IN AMERICA STORE which is in Elma, New York, not far from East Aurora.


A fellow there gave a short presentation on the history of the store and some of its unique products.  It was pretty interesting.  I purchased one item, a set of short rakes for leaf raking.   

THURSDAY:  in the morning I met up with Cindi at the Kenan Center for the RUSTIC BUFFALO event which was basically lots of artisan vendors and a basket raffle.  We ran into Marcia Masters there.  I purchased several items for Megan's birthday.  Then we went to COUSIN's CAFE for lunch.  We both had the grilled sandwich which was not very good.  I went home and took a nap.  I picked Jan up at her apartment at 4:40 and we headed to Gasport for their PRESALE of their huge rummage sale.  When we arrived, it was a few minutes before five p.m, and the parking lot was full as well as many cars parked along the streets.

 I purchased a TUCO Puzzle and an interesting shot glass.  The only items Jan purchased were some cookies.  The place was terribly crowded and kind of inefficient because they only had one place to pay, which caused a very long line of buyers waiting to pay.  On the way back to Lockport, we stopped at SUB DELICIOUS on 31 and shared a small pizza.  I told Jan that I don't think I will go to the Grandma's Attic Rummage Sale again.

FRIDAY:   First thing in the morning I called the contact person for the Canada trip in September that 
Marlene and I want to go to.  Later on, Lori came over.  She needed help taking care of an issue she has with the IRS.  We spent a couple of hours here, first establishing a new email account for and then following the IRS's directions for what to do in order to prove her identity.  Things were very time consuming, but we made good progress until it came time for her to email a picture of her driver's license to the IRS.  She has never emailed a picture to anyone and was unable to do so today.  I offered to make lunch for both of us and she agreed.  Then she called work to confirm what time she should go in.  They said 2:30.  She had extra time before she needed to leave for work, so I suggested she stay until it was time to leave.  I found an Amir Tsarfati update on youtube and we watched that.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  I made Paula Deen's Corn casserole for my supper and had corned beef hash and summer squash along with it.  Megan called in the evening and we talked for a few minutes. Christa sent me this picture of her back yard showing the snowfall (and Oliver), she said a couple of days ago it was eighty degrees. 
SATURDAY the 20th of April 
Someone answered the phone when I called COUNTRY CHARM CAMP in Middlesex.  I have tried several times in the past two weeks and only got recorded messages that did not lead anywhere.  However, the guy who answered the phone was not able to make a reservation for me.  He took my name and number and said someone will call me back on Monday.  I cleaned my car out and took it to the vacuuming place on West Avenue.  It looks pretty good inside.  I had hoped to find my binoculars when I cleaned my car, but I didn't.  So, I decided that I needed to take things off of the "catch all" right inside of my front door, a place where I hang and set things.  I found my binoculars and a few other items that I will put in my car before I leave next Friday.  I also needed to find a brand-new safari type hat that I bought several months ago at T.J. Maxx.  I thought maybe it was in its original bag in my bedroom closed, so I took a lot of items out of the closet, and I did find it.  I chatted with Mary online and confirmed the dates I will be in Oneonta.  We might be able to meet up with Carol while I am there.  In the evening, I started to watch 8 YEAR OLD ASSASSIN, a Lifetime movie that Jan recommended.  It is not something I would have chosen on my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024