Week of Sunday April 21, 2024 through Saturday the 27th

 SUNDAY:  Church was very good, very crowded.  The sermon was the final one in the series about money. I started to feel a tiny bit shaky near the end of the service, so I left immediately instead of hanging around to see if anyone wanted to go out to lunch.  As I was driving down High Street, I noticed a small, but tall, wooden cabinet that had been put out to the curb. I turned around and parked and checked it out and decided to take it.  I was able to put it into the back seat of my car.  Before going home, I went to Niagara Produce and picked up a few items.  When I got home, I asked Ben if he and Jacob would carry it from the car into my bedroom.  Ben did it himself.  It needs some cleaning before I use it, and that may have to wait until after I get home from my Oneonta trip.  

I spent the rest of the day at home, taking a nice nap, and watching television.  I got my meds ready to take with me when I leave on Friday.

MONDAY:  First thing today, I moved my car out of the driveway because DRUM OIL would be coming to install my new air conditioning unit.  After they got here, I left for my bi-annual eye exam.  That went well. I ran into Fran at the eye doctors office and we talked for a bit before she was called in.  Then I went to Aldi's to pick up some items I needed.  I went to the post office and picked up two boxes, I am not sure which one I will use for Megan's birthday gift.  Then I went to the library and picked up three books that I had requested.  I cleaned out part of my new jewelry cabinet.  

When I got home, there were THREE Drum Oil trucks at my house.  That made me think that something went wrong with the installation, but when I asked they said no.  The three guys left a few minutes before noon to go to lunch, leaving something plugged in.  While they were gone, my lawn mower guys arrived. 

DRUM finished up right around two p.m. and I used my TD credit card to pay the remainder.  I was expecting it to be about two thousand dollars, but it was closer to three thousand.    

TUESDAY the 23rd:  I went to LIFE GROUP and then five of us (me, Cindi, Vicky, Karen and Glenda) went to DENNY's for lunch.  Then I went to GREAT CLIPS for a haircut.  It is the first time I have been there. So far, I like the cut.  I also stopped at Rite Aid to pick up a script.  I am kind of upset because I found out that they have not been applying my EPIC benefit to my prescriptions.  I wondered why they were costing more since the beginning of the year.  I spent the rest of the day at home, getting ready for my trip to Oneonta, making a few phone calls, and relaxing.  Also, chatting with Christa online.  She labels the USA as a terrorist country.  Unbelievable.  Oh!  I was able to reach COUNTRY CHARM campground and make a reservation for a cabin for the four nights in June that Leslie and I will be there.  I also spent some time putting jewelry into my new cabinet, which I absolutely LOVE.

WEDNESDAY  I slept more last night thanks to taking one Tylenol PM and one gummy sleep aid.  In the morning, I vacuumed and changed the sheets on my bed and did a load of laundry and started packing for my trip to Oneonta.  When I looked for maps to take with me, I could not find my regional maps, so I went to AAA and got new ones.  I also went to Rite Aid and picked up my eye drops.  I went to the DOLLAR TREE and picked up a few snack items as well as more Ben and Jerry ice cream cups.  I stopped at Marks and purchased a STROMBOLI for my lunch.  I ate three quarters of it at home.  I laid down on the couch and tried to rest, but the phone rang twice.  Betty needs a ride to Peggy's house on May 9th.  From there, Peggy will take her to the airport.  So that was all set up during those two calls. Leslie called twice and we firmed up plans to meet up in Skaneateles for lunch at noon on Friday.  I had purchased some stick-on hooks at the Dollar Tree, so I added them to my jewelry cabinet, so I can hang up necklaces (a few of them on the right side had broken off.  The hooks work well.   I spent a few minutes adding jewelry to the cabinet.  I talked to Susan on the phone about me going away and she will take care of getting the mail and separating hers from mine and she will also take the garbage cans out on Sunday evening.  I started loading the car for my trip.  I am taking way too many clothing items.  

THURSDAY:  I met up  with Ann and everyone else taking the day trip to the butterfly conservatory.  However, as soon as I sat down, I remembered that I had forgot to grab my passport.  It was ten minutes before eight a.m. which was the scheduled leaving time, so I quick drove home and got it.  Erin, the travel person, was taking attendance when I got back on the bus.  We drove to Wheatfield Town Offices to pick some more people up and were advised that the driver had a concern about the bus, so a different bus was on its way, and we would move to that bus.  So that was accomplished after about 35 or 40 minutes, and we were on our way a second time.  When we got to the border, an official discovered that two passengers did not have proper ID.  We were threatened with a TWO THOUSAND DOLLAR FINE, one thousand for each passenger, and that we would not be able to continue through the border, we would be turned back.   However, the official decided to let us ALL go through on the bus, but now the bus or the agency (Dale Association) was flagged for future trips across the border.  I am not sure what that means.  The Butterfly Conservatory was great,





we had a full hour there.  Then we headed to THE SWISS CHALET.  The meal was chicken, a baked potato and a roll and butter, and a drink. They did not have Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper or Wild Cherry Pepsi (my favorites).  The server offered pepsi with something added to it, I have forgotten what she called it.  But, it turned out to be very good.

Once again (at the border, but this time on the USA side, we all had to get out of the bus and go in and show our passports or licenses.  We got back to the Dale about three thirty p.m.  I went to the library hoping to read something about the sting at the Asian spa involving either a prostitution ring or human trafficking.  No luck there, it was not in either yesterday or today's paper.  

Two little girls knocked on the door.  They were selling bracelets that they made, so they can have some spending money this summer.  I chose one and then I could not find my wallet.  I gave the girls twelve quarters and then found my wallet in the car.  

April 26, 2024  (Friday) I drove to Skaneateles in order to meet up with Leslie for lunch. I had a hard time finding a parking spot and finally parked at TOPS right behind Leslie's car.  We met up and had lunch at the SKANEATELES BAKERY.

  I had a sandwich and iced tea.  We walked around Skaneateles, saw a museum but decided not to go in, and looked briefly for ageocache in a park, but did not find it.  I returned to SB for a cookie and then we walked to TOPS and parted ways. Then I headed to Oneonta.  I stopped at a park/waterfalls (Pratt's Falls) a bit south of Route 20.

  I got gas in Bridgewater.  I stopped at Weavers Bulk Food Store in Morris.  Lots of Amish people shopping.  Bought a blackberry pie to take to Mary's house.  Arrived at Mary's house (after dealing with a troublesome detour ) right after she got home from grandsons game.  She prepared pasta, sauce and sausage.  We watched FOX NEWS and talked,  We were able to contact Carol on FB about the TACK event tomorrow in Hubbardsville.  

Saturday the 27th  Mary and I met up with Carol at an auction at TAYLOR'S TRACK AND FIELD in Hubbardsville.  We had lunch there (burgers) and left following Carol, to go to the place where she boards her Lipizzan (Arrizona). I noticed a one room schoolhouse and asked Mary to stop so I could take a picture and then we followed Carol to the place she boards ARRIZONA, and then we followed Carol to her place  near Rome and met Charlie, her live in partner and two of their mules.  Then we went to DiCastros for supper (Charlie treated)  then headed back to Oneonta, driving a great deal of the time in the rain. It was a very long day and we were both very tired and went to bed shortly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024