Sunday May 5th through Saturday May 11th, 2024

 SUNDAY:  Church was excellent today.  We welcomed new members, (I was really happy to see Ruby and Lynn have become members),  honored new elders 


honored law enforcement

and there were several baptisms.

  After church, Glenda, Betty and I went to LaPorts where each had a bowl of their delicious beef barley soup.  After getting gas, I went home and quickly made a chocolate pie to take to Peggy and David's house later on, since they invited me for supper tonight.  I spent the rest of the afternoon resting until it was time to go to Peg's house.  David had prepared a ham and egg salad devilled eggs.  The meal was very good.  After eating, they put on an episode of ABANDONED, which featured the Catskill Game Farm. I got home just in time to watch CALL THE MIDWIFE and then a new Masterpiece show name MaryLand.  

MONDAY the 6th:  I had my chiropractor appointment this morning and then I met up with Barb at Day Road Park for a walk.  We were barely into our walk when we met up with Mike and Janie walking the other direction.  We stopped and visited for ten minutes or so.  They were using the birding app known as MERLIN, and it appears that they have become birdwatchers!  Mike was demonstrating some bird calls.  When we were done with our walk, we went to REID's for lunch. Barb was very talkative!  Before going home, I went to Cold Springs Cemetery to check out the flowering trees.  They are a tiny bit past their prime and the sky was a bit overcast, but I took several pictures. 





Then I stopped at Niagara Produce to get bananas but ended up with several other items. I drove to Outwater Park to see the flowering trees in a strip down the middle of the main road, but they have not blossomed yet.  When I got home, I started my homework for tomorrow's life group.  Then I took a nap.  I watched last night's episode of TRACKER on on-demand.  

May 7th (Tuesday):   Life Group this morning was very good.  It was a somewhat small group that expanded a bit when a few ladies arrived late.  After the meeting was over, Marlene and I drove to the home of the woman who manages the trips for the Barker Seniors.  We each wrote a check for a deposit for the September trip to Montreal, etc. and I got some information about the cruise next March, which I might go on.  Marlene and I need to find our own trip insurance for the trip to Canada.  After that meeting, I came home and had lunch.  In the early evening, I called Pam and suggested that she and I go for a walk, but she does not feel well.  I worked on scanning some of Peggy's photographs to her flickr and mine.  

Wednesday May 8th:   I called Megan early this morning to wish her a Happy Birthday (she turned 52), and I also talked to Tyler for a couple of minutes.  Michaeline called to say she did not think she and I should go to Day Road Park because the sky looks treacherous.  So, I messaged Jan and we decided to meet at the Y at 11:15 a.m.  I finished putting Megan's birthday box together and put it in the car.  I did about fifteen minutes of pulling weeds and putting yard waste into one of the trash cans before leaving.  I was a couple of minutes late, and ran into Kate, a woman I met in the WALK WITH EASE class.  She just returned to walking at the Y following abdominal surgery.  I walked around the track with her once before Jan arrived.  I also ran into Lenora from the same class.  She overdid walking and exercising during a Silver Sneakers class and ended up in the emergency room.  Jan and I walked twice for about ten minutes each time, and then I decided to join Eugene's class DRUMS ALIVE.  It is 45 minutes long and I quit after 38 minutes because I was feeling really tired.  Then I ran into Deb Seymour who was waiting for her class to begin and we talked for about ten minutes.  After that, I went to SUBWAY and used a coupon to get a small tuna sub which I took home for lunch.

THURSDAY the 9th:  I got up early in order to pick up Elizabeth and take her to Peggy's house, so that Peggy could take her to the airport for her flight to Florida.  Elizabeth was a nervous wreck.  I did my best to stay calm and relaxed, hoping it would rub off on her, but it didn't.  I waited with her at Peg's house until they were ready to go.  I went to the Post Office and mailed Megan's birthday package and to Niagara Produce to get carrots for the split pea soup I am making today. When I got home, I chilled out on the couch watching the movie THE JUDGE on netflix.

  As far as I know I am not subscribed to Netflix or have access anymore via Christa and Nicolai's account, but when my Spectrum on the ROKU TV did not work earlier today, I checked to see if other programs were working by clicking on Netflix.  This movie popped up and I started to watch it.  I expected netflix would only work for a very short time, but it is still working.  Go figure.  I  cut up the ham and sliced the carrots and got everything going in the crockpot.  I am really tired right now (1:15 p.m.) but I am on hold with Social Security regarding Mary Ann's final SS check, which seems to be out in limbo somewhere (maybe in purgatory?)  AHA!!!   Finally, a solution might be coming.  The worker (April) looked into it and said the check was sent to NorthWest Bank (where Mary Ann DID have accounts) but was returned.  She is going to send me a form to fill out and I should get it within ten days.  OBVIOUSLY, the worker (Misti) that I talked to in January did not do what she should have done:  find out what happaned to the check.  I had a nice nap early in the afternoon since I got up so early today.  I walked over to Betty's place to get her mail.  My split pea soup turned out very good, and I made Bisquick biscuits with cheese to have with it.  Both the soup and the biscuits were very good.

FRIDAY:  In the morning, I made a few phone calls.  I changed two upcoming appointments and tried to reach Elaine, since she is home from her annual Florida trip.  Friday the tenth
I met up with Jan at the Y and we walked for about a half hour, with a short break in the middle.  I signed up for the next craft class while I was there.  When we were done at the Y, I suggested we go out for a slice of pizza.  Jan agreed and we decided on Mark's.  We each had a slice and today it was VERY good.  Then Jan suggested we go to the new thrift store next door.  I had never been there.  I was very impressed with the huge variety of stuff available.  Jan has her eye on a desk that she can use for her computer.  On Sundays, everything in the store is half price.  After that I went to DOLLAR TREE to find a moisturizer that Jan has tried and found to be good.  I found it and picked up several other items.  I spent the rest of the day at home.

SATURDAY:  I was up late last night reading, and consequently did not get sufficient sleep.  In the morning, I changed my sheets and did a load of laundry.  I needed a nap before going out with Pam in the afternoon, so I slept about an hour starting at about ll:30.  I got ready to meet Pam and realize that I was early so I called her to see if she wanted to leave earlier than we had planned (two p.m.).  I think she had totally forgotten about our plans.  Anyways, she said she would be ready by two thirty and she was ready when I arrived at her place.  We discussed the fact that because we were getting a late start, we might not have enough time to have a late lunch (like we had planned) in Middleport.  So we stopped at SubDelicious on 31 and I had a piece of pie, since I had not had anything to eat since breakfast.  Slhe had been to Lewiston with a friend and they had lunch at TOPS there.  Pam said something about the event we were going to starting at three p.m. and I said I was pretty sure it was going to start at four p.m. 

She looked it up on facebook or called someone and found out it was four p.m. after all.  We headed to Middleport and arrived early, so Pam drove around and showed me some places since she grew up there.    The event was really good. Paula and her twin sister, Pam, sang. 

I was happy to run into Erica, a woman I met last year at the Apple Festival in Newfane.  The phone number I had for her was not working.  We exchanged numbers again and she wants me to meet her next Saturday at an event in Newfane.  I took several pictures during the concert.  After that, Pam and I decided going out to eat would be the next thing to do.  I suggested the BBQ place we passed on 31.  We saw it just outside of the Village of Middleport.  Pam was hesitant to try it since there were not any other cars in the parking space in front of it.  We went in and were greeted and were given free cups of Brunswick Stew.  The stew was delicious and so were our meals.  I had pulled pork and Pam had chicken.  Everything was delicious!  I hope to go again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024