Monday August 19, 2024 through Sunday August 25th, 2024

 MONDAY:  I met up with Jan at the Y and we walked for a half hour.  I stopped at Subway and bought a sandwich for my lunch.  I took a nap in the afternoon and did a load of laundry.  I met up with Jan at six p.m. at Ida Fritz Park for the Lockport Monday Night Cruise  It was ELVIS NIGHT with Terry Buchwald.  It was the first cruise night I attended this summer.  It was very good BUT it was cold and a bit damp, so Jan and I left when it was half over.














There were not a whole lot of cars there.  There were a couple of food trucks, plus other food and souvenirs offered and they had a 50/50.  I did not spend a penny!

TUESDAY the 20th:  I went to Life Group along with eleven others.  We are still plodding through HOSEA.  I had not done my homework, since I was away so much of this past week. Honestly, I think that only Donna and Cindi (and possibly Karen) really understand this book of the Bible.  There is so much allegory.  After we were finished, eight of us went to Denny's for lunch.   Me, Cindi, Lori, Dee Mann, Karen, Glenda, Betty and Louise.  I had the hot chicken/bourbon skillet.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  I was sleeping when Cindi tried to reach me by phone to see if she could drop off a slice of rhubarb pie, but she arrived a couple of minutes after I got up.  

I had a piece of chicken left over from my lunch, so I made orange chicken/rice/zucchini stir fry for my supper.  It turned out pretty good, and I enjoyed a slice of rhubarb pie for dessert.  

WEDNESDAY:  I got up early and got ready to go to the Dale for the six-hour SENIOR DEFENSIVE DRIVING course, which will take ten percent off of my automobile insurance bill for three years (which is why I signed up for it).  I arrived a few minutes before nine a.m. and found a seat.  Ursula's husband James was sitting at the next table, and we greeted each other.  Bonnie Illig, who was in my high school graduation class, sat down next to me and we greeted each other and spoke a bit.  She said she thinks about me a lot, but I have no idea why she would.  I don't think we even spoke to each other once in high school, and we hardly know each other now, although I did go to her house for a picnic years ago with a bunch of other girls I graduated with in 1967.  She is walking with a cane now (actually, she uses a golf club) and I heard her tell someone else that she wishes "they would break this hip".  The class went well in the morning, although it is definitely a LOT different from the other classes I have taken in the past.  I think in the past they used the AARP curriculum, but this guy Darrin ____________seems to have made up his own.  A lunch break was announced at about 11:40 and several people went to the Dale's lunch.  I had brought my own and read my book while I ate.  Several classmates brought their lunches back to the classroom.   I finished my lunch with fifteen minutes to spare, so I decided to cross the street and go to LAKE EFFECT ICE CREAM.  I bought a small cone of vegan ice cream:   salty caramel with oreo pieces.  The guy told me that it was very crumbly and offered to put the scoop in a bowl with the cone on top. I took it back to the classroom and finished eating it before the class started back up.  It was really good.  This was the first time I have purchased ice cream from LAKE EFFECT this year.  It is good, but very expensive.  The rest of the class was kind of hurried, and we got out somewhat early.  I went home and was able to take an hour's nap before leaving to meet up with Lori at the Rochester Road TOPS, before going to the ROYALTON CENTER UNITED METHODIST CHURCH for their monthly donation spaghetti dinner.  Unfortunately, Lori was close to a half an hour late.  I texted Marlene that we would be late. When we finally got there, Marlene was sitting and eating with Elizabeth, Elaine V, and my cousin Becky.  We joined them.  The spaghetti was very good tonight.  Pastor Jean Edmister joined us after a while.  After we left the church, and Lori dropped me off at TOPS.  She was hoping I could accompany her to the farmers market and live music at a church in Newfane, but I just wanted to get home and relax since I had been out of the house most of the day.  

THURSDAY:  I puttered around the house in the morning, had an early lunch and then laid down on the couch and fell asleep until Peggy called about something, and a few minutes after that, Jan called and told me she was on her way back to Lockport from Millard Fillmore Hospital.  I agreed to meet up with her at the Y.  We met up and walked for a half hour.  I then went to SPECTRUM and handed in my XUMO box, like the over the phone technician told me to do.  I was given a new one.  I installed it, and it does not work.  

I talked with Dee Mann on the phone about possibly going to Allegany State Park with me and the others in September.  She agreed to drive.  She, Jan and I will meet together for lunch at Wendy's tomorrow because Jan and Dee do not know each other.  

I used the cookbook that Jan found at a garage sale (BISQUICK) to make some pumpkin muffins.  I decided to try making LARGE muffins instead of the traditional size.  The recipe only made FIVE muffins.  Pretty BIG muffins!!!!

FRIDAY:  I met up with Jan at the Y and we walked for a half an hour.  Then she and I met up with Dee Mann at Wendy's for lunch.  They had not met before and I wanted them to meet because both of them will be going to Allegany with me for the first three nights. When I got home, I found a facebook message from Lori cancelling out from Allegany.  I won't try to replace her with someone else because I am not sure if anyone else would be OK with sleeping on a futon in the living room area, like Lori does. In the afternoon I laid down to take a nap, but if I slept it was only for a few minutes.  When I got up, there was a voice mail from Peggy asking me if I knew where Jan might be.  Apparently, Jan's daughter Kelly was looking for Jan at the church.  I spent the rest of the day at home, showering, running the dishwasher, working on folding clean laundry, etc.  

SATURDAY August 24th:  I slept well last night and got up early to get ready to meet up with David and Peggy at their house.  Peg drove us to the SPOT COFFEE on the corner of W. Chippewa and Delaware.  We used the restroom and Peggy bought a muffin for a man who asked for money for food, and told him about Jesus.



Our tour guide was great and told us some very interesting stories.  You can see my photographs here:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/juneny/albums/72177720319746912/   but this is my favorite picture from today, of City Hall.  
After that, we went to a TEXAS ROADHOUSE in Tonawanda.  I treated them to lunch to celebrate Peggy's birthday in a few days.  After we got back to their house, I went to Carrie's residence to see her for a few minutes, and I dropped off some underwear and outfits for her.  

I spent the rest of the day at home, uploading pictures to flicrk, writing reviews, taking a short nap.  I worked on sorting through the rest of Carrrie's clothing and on getting some of my stuff into the dresser drawers.  

SUNDAY:   I went to church and then out to lunch with Glenda, Lori, Marlene, Louise and Marsha at THE OLIVE LEAF.  I was getting a bit irritated with Marlene.  I understand that someone wanted to talk to her after church which delayed her, but she parked in the parking lot outside of the restaurant and stayed in her car for at least ten minutes.  Luckily, Marsha had suggested that we go ahead and order without her.  

When I got home I started a load of laundry so that all of my clothing will be clean for tomorrow.  I started packing the car and also tied up loose ends via email and phone calls. I vacuumed the kitchen, dining area, bathroom, living room and Carrie's room.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023