SUNDAY AUGUST 11, 2024 through

 SUNDAY:   Again, church was really good.  When I was leaving church, I asked Andrea if she was going to go to the Lockport Food Fest.  She said she wanted to go and was hoping to find someone to go with her.  I told her that Lori, Marlene and I were going, and she could join us, and I told her where we were going to meet.  She said she was going to ask Pam Campanini if she wanted to go, and I told her that Pam could join us also.  Anyways, Marlene, Lori, Glenda, Andrea and I all met up at the chosen spot, in front of LADIES OF THE LOCKS.  Luckily, Lori was able to park right on the corner, so she did not have to walk far. 


I think each one of us had a good time even though we were very unorganized.  Marlene did what she usually does, take off and walk on her own, not paying attention to what the rest of us are doing. One time, Andrea said she was trying to figure out where we were going, and I told her that I should have warned her that we never know what we are doing or where we are going!   Which is mostly true.  Andrea didn't seem bothered about this, I think she said "well, it all works out". And it did!




I had a small sandwich (I think it was called a slider) from the GYPSY KITCHEN, because I wanted to support this business, which was started by two young women from FREEDOM CHURCH.  And I bought a watermelon popsicle from the Lake Effect Ice Cream truck.  We sat for a while and had our food under a tent next to the live music WHICH WAS TOO LOUD.  

We got to spin for a prize at this table. 

I won a pair of sunglasses and asked to trade them for a piggy bank.  I gave the piggy bank to Andrea, so she has two of them to give to her twin granddaughters.  We ran into David and Peggy just before we left Main Street.

Glenda, Andrea and Lori decided to go to the Lake Effect Ice Cream Parlor across the bridge.  Marlene did not want to go, since she wanted to shop some more in the area with many deserts.  I drove over to Lake Effect and met up with the others but instead of having ice cream, I went down to get closer to the SENECA CHIEF, and along with others, I was allowed to go inside and check it out.  


I am glad I went down to see it.  The stairs going down to the boat were not as difficult as I thought they might be.  When I went back up, I joined the others while they were eating their ice cream.  It started to rain while we were there.  I left before they were done.  
                                 Marlene, Lori, me and Andrea (Glenda took this picture)

Marlene, Lori, Glenda and Andrea (I took this picture).  

I laid down on the couch for a while and I probably slept a bit. 

I prepared myself a real supper tonight.  I cut up a chicken breast, a couple of potatoes, a few carrots and added a few fresh string beans and yellow beans, and seasoned them and made a sauce out of a can of cream of mushroom soup and milk and poured it over all of that, and baked in the oven (covered) for an hour at 375 degrees.  I also prepared a box of stuffing as a side dish.  It was pretty good.  I found this movie to watch:  HOMECOMING  1996
It had a very predictable story line, but I liked it.

I noticed that the first episode of season one of MAGPIE MURDERS was coming on PBS so I watched it, but I really don't like it that much.  

MONDAY:  Two more sleeps before leaving for Michigan.  I paid a couple of bills.  I worked more in Carrie's room and bagged up two bags of clothes to take to the Good Will.  All of my tops are on hangers in that closet.  On the end of Carrie's bed, there are items that I will be taking to Hoover Road.  On top of the bookcase (shelves) at the end of her bed there are some more items that I will need to go through.  Also, I found a bag of clothing items (mostly short sleeved tops) that I need to go through.  
I met up with Jan at the Y and we walked for about 35 minutes.  I stopped at Office Max and the Dollar Tree and then Niagara Produce before coming home.  Marlene called and said there is a bump in the road.  Her friend who she was planning on staying with is not feeling well and we may have to cancel our trip to Michigan.  We won't cancel our night in Sugarcreek, and we may actually set up another trip in the three days before we need to be in Sugarcreek.  I went ahead and did the vacuuming I had already planned to.  I always want to return to a clean house.  I took the leftovers from last night's supper and turned it into CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS. I added a can of chicken broth to the leftovers, and also added some canned peans before bringing the mixture to a boil and lowering the temperature and adding the dumplings.  It turned out very well.  I also prepared sliced zucchini with sweet chili sauce on my grill pan.

Leslie called in the evening.  The exterminator did not find anything.

TUESDAY:   Life Group was very good this morning.  When it was over five of us went to lunch at LaPorts.  Me, Lori, Karen, Dee Mann and Glenda.  I had a cup of the beef barley soup, actually I think we all had that.  When I got home, I made some rice pudding before laying down for a rest.  I think I slept a short time.  When I got up, I made a batch of a half a dozen muffins.  Marlen was supposed to arrive at five thirty with food.  She was about twenty minutes late.  She brought a pasta dish with tomatoes, ground beef and zucchini and some cooked beets.  Both were very good.  Then we worked on trip plans.  I made reservations for our lodging.  

WEDNESDAY:  I did a load of laundry in the morning in order to have clean clothing for the trip.  I continued packing.  I met up with Jan at the Y and we walked close to forty minutes.  I went to WalMart to get a few items for my lunch tomorrow when Marlene and I are on the road.  Off and on for the rest of the day I worked on laundry and gathering stuff for the trip.  I cleaned out my car a bit after Marlene called me and asked me to drive out to her house tomorrow morning.  It was pretty messy.  I watched the true story movie THE PARDON in the evening, about Toni Jo Henry.  I think I may have seen it before.  Based on the true story of a grisly 1940s murder that led to a series of high-profile trials and the first and only execution of a woman in Louisiana





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023