WEEK of SUNDAY, October 13th through SATURDAY October 19th, 2024

 SUNDAY:  Church was VERY good this morning.  I was trying to save seats for Elizabeth and Marlene, but Elizabeth did not come to church and Marlene was late and someone else took the spot I was saving. There was a bake sale put on by the youth in the lobby after church, but the lines were long and it was so crowded that I didn't even really look at what was offered.  After church, Marlene, Sue Rouse, Glenda and I went to LaPort's for lunch.  We all had the turkey dinner.  It was SO MUCH FOOD, and each one of us took food home with us.  On the way out, we ran into Wayne and Sharon Dent, and I recommended the turkey dinner to them.  I walked with Marlene over to the bank where I had parked.  She has a new car!!!  She said there is a story connected with her getting it.  When I got home, I immediately got into warm pajamas since it is so damp and cold outside.  I put a podcast by Victor Davis Hanson on SPOTIFY on tv and laid down on the couch and dozed off for a while.  I rested most of the day.  I talked with Elaine in the evening.  We will go, along with Sarah, to SOLID ROCK on Tuesday for their spaghetti dinner.  

MONDAY:  I made plans with Pam to meet up at the History Center and see the art exhibit.  Unfortunately, when she arrived and we went to the front door, we realized that it was closed due to it being Columbus Day.  So, we went to the Y in order to walk.  Marlene showed up after we had walked fifteen minutes or so.  I had called her earlier but she did not get back to me before I left.  Marlene told me the story about how she ended up purchasing a new car.  I think she made a mistake:  A FINANCIAL MISTAKE, since while she has a newer car, with lower mileage, now she has an over four hundred dollars per month car payment.  I doubt if she will retire at the end of this school year now that she has that to deal with.  After we were done at the Y, Pam and I went to COUSINS for lunch, and she treated me.  She recommended the new show MATLOCK, with Kathy Bates.  I watched it at home and I love it.  

TUESDAY:  I went to the Ladies Life Group this morning.  There were nine or ten of us there, a few arriving late.  It was very good.  They were starting to discuss going out to lunch when I left.  I went to Niagara Produce to get milk and bananas and picked up a small SOUP OFTHE DAY for my lunch.  I only wanted a very small lunch because of my plans to go out for an early supper later on.  The soup was chicken noodle and it was very good.  I did a couple of things around the house and then laid  down for a nap, getting up at three thirty.  Elaine picked me up a little bit after four p.m. to go to SOLID ROCK for their spaghetti dinner.  Once there we joined Betty and Elaine Vincent, and Sarah also sat with us.  Becky was there, but I didn't have a chance to talk to her.  Erica Joan was there and she stopped at our table and I introduced her to Elaine and Sarah (by this time, Elaine V. and Betty had left).  Elaine, Sarah and I stayed for a half an hour or after we were finished eating and visited.  Sarah invited us to continue our conversations at her house, and I was glad when Elaine declined.  

Sarah told us about a PURSE AUCTION, an annual event at the Lockport Salvation Army, next Tuesday the 22nd at five p.m.  I tried to find some information online about this event, without any success.  I spent the rest of the evening at home, watching TV and working on adding pictures to my blog from the Quebec trip.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023

Week of Sunday September 8th through Saturday September 14, 2024 (new password info)