Week of Sunday, August 2nd, 2026 to Saturday 8/8/26

 Sunday:   Leslie stayed all morning and we had breakfast and lunch together and watched THE LILIES OF THE FIELD.  She took my trash and recyclables to the curb for me before she left.  I gave her some food to take home with her.  She was supposed to call me when she got back home, but a little after eight, I decided to text her.  She called and said she forgot to call me.  We got a LOT of rain since Leslie left.  Some areas of Lockport are flooded.  I checked the basement here and there is a little bit of water, but not much. I worked more on labelling my pictures in flickr.  

MONDAY the 3rd of August:  I slept pretty good last night and my knees are less sore today. My black eye got larger overnight, though!  I spent the entire day at home. I made some cancellation calls and emails because I look so horrible with this eye and the little mess above my upper lip.  I messaged Cindi that I would not be at Life Group tomorrow.  

TUESDAY:    I was thinking about going out today, to Walgreens maybe to get a prescription, but I decided to give myself another day at home. I did some jobs around the house.  I cleaned off all of Dad's old bottles, and the pottery that Peggy had upstairs and offered all of that to her and David when they came over.  They took three of the four pottery items and a couple of bottles.  Leslie called to ask how I am doing and I was happy to tell her that I am walking normally again!!!  I guess I had not realized how less than normal I had felt since I fell at three p.m last Saturday.   BECAUSE today I started feeling like myself again, so I realized how less than normal I had been feeling.  

I found the movie FREEDOM WRITERS with Hilary Swank on PLUTO TV and it is very good.  

WEDNESDAY:  I decided today was the day for me to re-enter society. I have confined myself to home since my fall this past Saturday.  I went to WalGreens and picked up a prescription and then to the library to drop off a book and pick up another book, and then to PANERA for a drink and then I headed over to Davison Road for my one p.m. appointment with Davison Road Optical.  I noticed I had about a half an hour extra time, so I went to the 7/11 a bit further north on Davison thinking I might get a slice of pizza or a hot dog.  It was two hot dogs for $3,50, and I ate most of one of them before my appointment.  I was happy to find out that new lenses are covered by a warranty, and they will be ready in two weeks or less.  They cleaned up my glasses, and got the scrapes off, but not the large scratch on the right lens. I spent the rest of the day at home.  I watched a really good movie on PLUTO TV in the evening.   FREEDOM WRITERS, with Hilary Swank.

THURSDAY:  I had an appointment at the hospital with a Nurse Practictioner and she sent me for a CAT scan of my head STAT, and I didn't have to wait too terribly long, and the scan went quickly.  I then went to WalMart and got ingredients to make the four bean salad for SUNDAY.  When I got home (with my Arby's lunch), there was a message from Cherise so I called her back.  The scan of my nasal passages showed a break or two, and she wants me to see an ENT.  The ENT in Niagara Falls called and I made an appointment for tomorrow.   I wanted to ask Andrea if she could drive me, so I texted her.  It turned out that she was in this neighborhood after dropping her friend Paula off after taking her to a medical appointment.  She wanted to come over and use my bathroom, so I said yes.  She told me about how difficult Paula was during the trip to the doctor, she was drinking on the way there out of a bottle that she brought with her, and when they got to the doctors office she was talking very loudly and slurring her words and acting drunk.  Andrea agreed to pick me up at eleven tomorrow morning.  After my nap, I found a message from Lori suggesting that she could bring spaghetti over and we could have supper together and watch a movie.  I was concerned about how difficult it might be for her to pack up and transport spaghetti, so I suggested we skip that part and she just come over and we would choose a movie.  I went to ANGEL STUDIOS and looked through the movies and came up with some ideas.  First we watched a documentary about flooding in the Appalachian mountains, and then watched a movie about a couple who took in six children who had lost their parents in an automobile accident.  We liked both of them.  I had made vanilla pudding earlier in the day and I cut up bananas and stirred them into the pudding and we had that for a snack, along with iced tea.

FRIDAY:  I got a call from Heather, who is Dr. Basra's nurse in the morning asking if I could change my appointment to the Lockport location (the hospital) at eleven fifteen.  This was perfect, so I said yes.   I texted Andrea about the change, telling her that I would drive myself.  The appointment went very well.  Dr. Taylor is very nice.  He showed me the scan and explained.  He started with "the good news is.....".  Two small bones are broken, but they are lined up right and will heal on their own, as long as I don't fall and land on my face again in the next two weeks, while they heal.  Also, and I consider this to be a real blessing,  he told me about a procedure that he can do that will make it easier to breathe through my nose.  I have a deviated septum, which of course he saw either on the scan or when he looked into my nose.  It sounds like a good option for me, and I have the information and when I feel totally healed from this fall, I plan to schedule the procedure which he does at the surgery center on Transit.  He also gave me a couple of ideas to get the medical glue off of my upper lip, if it does not fall off within the next week:  Q tip with some hydrogen peroxide or putting vaseline on it, and it might dissolve it.  I think that was the only place I went today, spending the rest of the day at home.  

SATURDAY:  Shortly after I got up, I realized that I did not feel well.  I told that to Peggy when she called.  She came over and prayed for me.  I rested all morning and took my nap earlier and felt fine when I got up.  I called Peg and told her and we worked out a plan to take ONLY one car to Judy and Doug's house since there will be a lot of cars there.  Peg will call me when she calls David to pick her up at church and then I will go to their house and we will ride to Judy's together.  Carol Kraft called in the evening.  I updated her on Connie's condition.  Carol really wants me to drive to the Rome area and stay with her, but not like she lives near any of my other friends.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

Sunday, February 13th, 2022