WEEK of SUNDAY, September 27th through October 3, 2027 (Saturday)
SUNDAY: As soon as I arrived at Church, I told Carol and Glenda that I would not be going out to lunch after church. They immediately started to make plans and asking who else would be going. Church was very good this morning. When it was over Lori and I both drove to my house and I provided lunch. It was pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad, and pickled yellow squash. Then we had about a half an hour before it would be time to leave for the Palace. I cleaned the kitchen and changed into jeans and Lori was using her phone. I drove and dropped her off in front of the Palace and found a parking spot in front of the library. She had chosen very good seats. The play FINDING NEVERLAND was giving its final performance
. I was very sleepy and almost dozed off a few times, so I was not able to follow the story line. But the acting was very good. I called my cousin, Becky, since I had not seen her at Barker seniors this past Wednesday. She said she was there, but she realized she should have kept an appointment to get blood work done, so she left without having lunch.
MONDAY: I spent the better part of the morning making necessary phone calls and taking notes on them. Then I spent some time getting together the items that I will take to the CONNECT event this coming Sunday. I had a nap and then headed to the library to pick up a couple books, to Walgreens to pick up my inhaler, and I also went to the Monday night Cruise just across the street from Walgreens and bought a hot dog and a burger. Then I went to the Dale for the workshop on estate planning, EPIC and Medicare. Marlene met me there. She and I went out for ice cream at JoJo's when that was over.
TUESDAY: we had a large group of ladies at Life Group this morning, due to a few new people who signed up at the Life Group Fair. Several of us went to CUSIMANO's for lunch. I had one of the lunch specials: a slice of pizza, six wings and a drink for a little over eleven dollars. It was me, Cindi, Lori, Karen, Carol and Glenda. During lunch, my nose started running and my eyes felt full, so I thought maybe I was coming down with something. Cindi sat down next to me and I wished she hadn't because she told me that she is sick. Before going home, I went to Panera for a drink and to DOLLAR TREE for some napkins and dish soap. I took a nap when I got home and when I got up, I felt fine. I prepared some eggplant in the oven for my supper, and also made a four bean salad to take to Peggy's house tomorrow. Andrea called and we set up a date and time for four of us (Andrea, Linda, Vicki and I) to go to Bath for a dinner theatre.
WEDNESDAY: In the morning, I cleaned the bathroom and swept the kitchen and dining room floors. also, I packed up a box of cookbooks for Megan and Chris. I made a batch of tapioca pudding to take to Peggy and David's house tonight. I had a nice nap in the afternoon and then got ready to go to Peggy's house. David had made a large batch of chicken and biscuits to take to Pekin where he goes on some Wednesdays to play cards. Cards was cancelled due to sickness. I took four bean salad and tapioca pudding and added to their chicken and biscuits, which was perfect. David raved about the tapioca pudding but wants me to add an extra egg next time. I don't think I will even try it. I decided to stop at the new DOLLAR TREE downtown before going home. I was not impressed. I don't think they offer the huge amount of various snack items like the smaller one on the Transit. I picked out a birthday card for Quinn and got some caramels for myself. I had to wait several minutes to cash out because a young girl needed to charge her phone in order to pay, and that was not working. She finally gave up and asked the clerk to hold the items she had chosen to buy and she would return. When I got home, I started a load of laundry so that I will have my favorite jeans clean and ready for tomorrow. I found a movie on HOOPLA to watch.
THURSDAY: I met up with Cindi, Pam, Marlene, Karen, and Andrea at Freedom Church this morning and we headed to Niagara-on-the-Lake in Ontario, taking two cars. Our drive there was uneventful without any wait time at the border. We went to Nina's first, and most of us purchased a snack. I bought bread pudding, which was very good. Then we went to the Court House Theatre, which is in the old Court House. The theatre is on the third floor and the elevator is broken, so we had to walk up. We stopped on the second floor for the restrooms. The play was WOOSTER AND JEEVES in SLEUTH. I would call it slapstick comedy.
I liked it but I did not love it. I really did not think it was funny, which was kind of a disappointment to me. My pictures (which I took quickly at the very end) did not turn out very well, so I got this one from the internet. These three guys were the main characters and also played other parts, changing outfits very quickly.
After the play we went to COWS for ice cream. I took two pills and had one scoop of doubly chocolate mint ice cream. Then we headed back to Lockport. I got home a couple of minutes before seven pm. I was pretty worn out and in bed around ten p.m. The pills must have worked! I ate a whole (small) scoop of real ice cream without problems!
FRIDAY: Peggy came over this morning and we talked about some financial issues. Then she and I went over to Andrea's daughters house where she was caring for her youngest granddaughter, Lily. The three of us prayed together for unsaved children and grandchildren and for Shelby (Andrea's daughter) and her husband and their family. There are a LOT of issues including Shelby walking away from her relationship with the Lord. I left in time to go to the painting class at Hope and Wellness Recovery Cafe. Lori pulled in and parked right behind me. I was disappointed because Lisa (the painting teacher) was not at all prepared for us. But she showed me the HUGE amount of paint and supplies she was able to purchase with the ten dollars I gave her a couple of months ago during our last painting class. When I got home, I fixed myself a late lunch and then took a nap. In the evening, I called both Vicki and Peggy to make plans for tomorrow. Also, I gathered the ingredients for the baked beans that I will throw together tomorrow morning for the CONNECT event on Sunday.
SATURDAY: First thing today, I put baked beans (using mostly the COWBOY BEAN RECIPE, but with a couple of wrinkles). They are all ready to put in the oven tomorrow morning before church. I picked Vicki up at eleven and we went to LOCKTOBERFEST. I had to park up on Main Street. It was a gorgeous day for this event. I think we looked at every vendors table, and I talked with a few interesting people.
We each had a hot dog around noon, and then realized that Peggy had been trying to reach us (Vicki did not hear her cell phone ringing). We met up with her at the gazebo and the three of us walked to my car, and we went to the Harvest event at the Episcopal Church across from the Rochester Road TOPS. Elaine and Nance were there. Vicki and Peg bought chowder and muffins. I got a piece of pumpkin pie. We decided to NOT take part in the basket raffle I suggested we go out to SCHWABS since we were partway there. I needed to use up my $25 worth of Farmers Market Coupons. Between the three of us, we spent the whole $25.00. I came home with small peppers, corn, squash, potatoes and beets.




Comments
Post a Comment