FINALLY got to try out the WATERBIKES in Tonawanda!!!! 8/31/18

Last summer, Elaine and I explored Tonawanda Gateway Harbor and we saw some people using the HYDROBIKES or WATERBIKES.  We were not in the mood to try them that day, but vowed to return and try them.  However, it did not work out for Elaine and I to return last summer or go this summer, so I recruited Marlene to go with me, and she recruited our new friend, Jenny.  They picked me up early this afternoon and we headed to Tonawanda Gateway Harbor.

We paid our ten dollars apiece and were each given a waterbike (after a little bit of instruction in how to use them) and we headed out down ELLICOTT CREEK.  Here are a few pictures
Marlene and Jenny
Marlene and Jenny did not have their phones with them, so there was nobody to take a picture of me on my waterbike.  this is the best I could do.

                           Under one of the bridges.
  After we got back to where we started
We kept going and  biked out onto the Erie Canal for a couple of minutes before returning to where we rented the bikes.  I think this is where we turned.
  I think Marlene especially liked this adventure .  Jenny said something like "its good to know that we can still have this kind of fun at our ages".  And than Marlene said "we need someone like Carolyn to find these fun activities".

We debated a bit about where to go for an early supper and decided on MISSISSIPPI MUDDS.

I had not been there in years. We each had a salad and shared an order of sweet potato fries drenched in butter and honey.
Right across from MM is Niawanda Park, right along the Niagara River. 
It was a great afternoon, but I was glad to get home and get rested up to go on an adventure with David and Peggy tomorrow.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023