Day One at Lighthouse Christian Camp in Somerset, NY (Wednesday 8/22/18)

Pam and I left Lockport late this morning and headed north towards Lake Ontario.  We stopped at Gordy Harpers Bazaar and shared a turkey club sandwich.  We hit a bit of  a snag when we got close to Lighthouse Christian Camp because the main road to the camp was closed.  Pam used the map/GPS on her phone and got alternate directions for us.  I think we arrived at the camp around three p.m.   We quickly got settled into BARUCH, our small cabin.
Then we took a walk around the camp and along the shore of the lake.  It was VERY WINDY!!!   I took a few pictures.  
Then I suggested to Pam that we do some geocaching.  I revisited three caches that I had tried to find in the past without success.  We found two of the three.  Pam found one at the park where there used to be a pier and I found the one that was embedded into a light pole, at the entrance to a private road to some cottages.  I could not find the one at the shoe trees.  

We went back to the cabin and rested a bit and then decided to go out for supper rather than preparing something there.  We went to D's Kitchen in Barker.  

We both had the taco salad, which was good but not excellent.  

Back at our cabin, Pam tried to get a campfire going, but the wood was too damp, so she gave up quickly.  We got settled in for the night.  I had a hard time getting to sleep, but finally drifted off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024