Outing with Gail and Rummage Sale with Betty

This morning I realized it might be a good day to call my younger sister Gail and see if she wanted to go out for lunch.  She said yes and we agreed that I would pick her up at eleven a.m. and we would head out towards Youngstown on 18 and have lunch at Ray's Tavern.  If Ray's was not open (I tried to find out if it was open for lunch without success), we would just keep driving into the Village of Youngstown and eat there.

We accidentally drove right by Ray's so I turned around and returned.  There was not one car in the parking lot (11:25) so Gail went inside to find out if they were open.   When she returned to the car she said it was pitch dark in there, a toddler was walking around in the dark and a man told her (rather roughly) that if the door was open it meant they were open.  I suggested to Gail that we drive down the road a bit and give them time to get the lights on and maybe they would have a customer or two when we returned. We drove into Youngstown and I showed Gail another restaurant that I would like to eat in someday. When we returned to Ray's there were a couple of cars in the parking lot so we went in.
We both had the BEEF ON WECK and it was very good.  We also had the fresh cut fries, which were not as good as I thought they might be, some of them did not seem to be cooked thoroughly.

Gail suggested that we drive down to Olcott Beach, and I agreed.  We parked and went into the amusement park.
  There were quite a few people there.  I played three games of skee ball………...I could not get Gail interested in joining me.  We walked around a bit and then we drove down to the other end of the park and I showed her where I think the beach was when we were kids.  She does not have any memory of going to the beach, but I have very clear memories of going to the beach with our parents.  Then I took her home.  We had a really nice time together.

Peggy came for supper and I had prepared stuffed zucchini and sweet potatoes.  It was a very good meal.  

I picked Betty up and we went to the preview of the rummage sale at the Emmanuel Methodist Church.  Peg was there, also.  I found a necklace and a Christmas table runner.  The Betty and I went out for ice cream at JoJo's.


  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024