Spaghetti with Garden Vegetables

I surprised myself by preparing this absolutely delicious meal today.  I came home from the Community Garden with tomatoes, an onion, celery and a couple of carrots.  Peggy was here and she gave me an idea for using tomatoes...……….but I expanded her idea and decided to use a crockpot.

Into my smallest crockpot
I put some chopped red onion, some chopped carrot, chopped celery and chopped green pepper (which I purchased at an Amish farm stand two days ago), along with a little bit of olive oil and a bit of butter.  I put the crockpot on low and left alone for a couple of hours.  Then I added some sliced yellow squash and cooked for an hour and a half (I think), and then I sliced two fresh tomatoes and set them on top.  Cooked for a couple more hours.  

When it looked like everything was cooked through, I cooked some spaghetti.  I spooned out a couple of spoons of the vegetable mixture on top of the spaghetti and then put some parmesan cheese on top. 
I was surprised at how good it was, in fact, I had a second helping.  And, I have some leftovers:
Next time I think I should add mushrooms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024