SUNFLOWERS OF SANBORN 8/2018

I had the idea that Myrna might like to go to the huge field of sunflowers on Route 31 in Sanborn, so I called her this morning and asked her.  She said she had to go to QUEST for bloodwork and that her daughter was planning on taking her.  I suggested that she call her daughter and tell her I would take her.  She agreed to that and said she would like to go at noon.  So I said I would pick her up at noon.

I picked her up at noon and we went to QUEST, where we waited about 40 minutes before she was taken in.  Ten minutes later she came out, but they had been unable to draw blood because they had not received the request.  The lab had tried to resolve the issue by calling the doctors office, but they were unable to reach the right person.

We decided to move forward with our day and hope that the problem could be resolved within the next couple of hours.  We went to SUNFLOWERS OF SANBORN and had a great time.  The owners have turned it into an attraction.  Entrance is still free and there is no charge for parking, but there are activities and shops and food and ice cream is offered.  We each found a painted rock (SWEET BUFFALO ROCKS) and I took a lot of pictures.


Then we went to Wendy's and Myrna treated me to lunch (we each had a baked potato, a free seniors drink and a fifty cent frosty).  While there, Myrna called the doctors office which was supposed to have faxed the order and was told that it had been faxed and that she should get to the lab as soon as possible because the technician leaves at four p.m.  (it was almost three p.m.)  So, our lunch was not all that relaxing because we had to hurry a bit. 

We returned to QUEST and Myrna signed in and due to the circumstances they moved her ahead of some others who were waiting their turn.  PRAISE GOD!!!!!

After that we went to Niagara Produce, which I think is Myrna's favorite place to purchase food.  I purchased a few items, too.  I took her home and then I went to the library where I read recent Lockport newspapers and picked up two DVD's. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024