March 20, 2019 FIRST DAY OF SPRING

It turned out to be a very nice sunny, blue sky day, and it got warmer as the day progressed.  I went to the Y for STABILITY and SILVER SNEAKERS CLASSIC.   Just before I went to STABILITY I ran into Louise, who had spent some time in the pool swimming laps.  She suggested that she and I meet up at Wendy's for lunch after she finishes grocery shopping and I am done at the Y.  We agreed to meet there at 11:30 p.m.  I called Betty to see if she wanted to join us, but she is not feeling all that well.

I met Louise at Wendy's and we had a nice lunch.  Then we went to the KENAN CENTER MANSION for the BUFFALO ARTS STUDIO INVITATIONAL.
  We talked with the man painting the parlor (Blonde-Sherwin Williams) and the woman working the front desk.  

The exhibit was really not much of the kind of art that either Louise or I prefer ( I guess its modern or abstract art), but we did enjoy Ann Stievater's paintings in the living room, especially the one titled MOURNING LIGHT, which is second from the left in the bottom row in the above program.

After that we went to Louise's house so she could give me a few onions and potatoes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024