March 2019 continued

I haven't felt inspired to blog a whole lot lately since I don't know if google is going to delete all my blogs on April 1st.  Something google is going to shut down, but the language of their announcements regarding this shut down is not at all clear (to me, anyways).  But life continues here in Lockport.

Last Thursday night I met up with Gail and Becky at the fire hall in Olcott for an event to promote tourism in the Olcott/Newfane area.
  There were lots of free raffles to enter.  We didn't stay long, it was loud and crowded.  I came home with a bag of freebies.

I was hoping to go to a Pop Up Photography event at the Masonic Temple on Friday, which included an opportunity to take a tour of the Masonic Temple, but I could not find anyone to accompany me.  I was planning on going by myself but it snowed and was cold and I could not find the energy to motivate myself to get dressed and out of the house.

I decided to invite Peggy and David over for Saturday dinner.  I prepared a corned beef and cabbage in the crockpot (using cider instead of water) so that is how I started Saturday out.  In the morning, Judy Niethe Snow came over to show me an album she made of the scans of the old letters I found in the basement.  Most are from our paternal grandfather to his sister.   The most special one is from our grandma to our grandpa, before they became girlfriend and boyfriend.

The corned beef dinner was great.  It was corned beef, carrots, potatoes and onions.  I prepared some brown rice and made gravy out of the liquid in the crockpot.  I made baked custard and it was really good.

Sunday was church and then I met up with MaryAnne at TED'S HOT DOGS in order to try their burgers.  Mine was VERY good.  Then we went to the YMCA and I showed her around.  Then we went to JoJo's where I redeemed my punch card for a peanut butter cup sundae.

Connie and I talked on the phone last night and I got caught up on news about Carol and Leslie, as well.  Leslie has her apartment in Auburn secured and is planning on having a yard sale and selling some items at auction.  Carol's horse DIA passed away.  Connie has adopted Carol's dog KING, who was just diagnosed with cancer and does not have long to live. Connie still does not have a plan in place for a place to move to or stay so that she can have the carpets in her trailer pulled up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023