March 28, 2019 FUNERAL and CARD PARTY at the PRESBYTERIAN HOME

Today was Jim McDonnel's funeral.  He passed away about a month ago.  He had been diagnosed  with dementia or Alzhimers several years ago, and had gradually deteriorated.    His wife, Dee, took excellent care of him.  In the end, he was hospitalized for a couple of weeks, and Dee was sick at home and could not spend time with him.

The funeral was today. It was very good.  The funeral meal after the service was very good, also.

 I went home and took a nap and then met up with Sarah at the PRESBYTERIAN HOME for their SECOND ANNUAL CARD PARTY and BASKET RAFFLE.
  Sarah won a gift certificate for the Davison Road Inn.
She and I played a card game, I think it is called PHASE TEN.  I don't know who won, because we stopped playing when they started the basket raffle.  I won a private planetarium program for twelve at the CHALLENGER LEARNING CENTER!  

Deserts and drinks were provided.  The deserts were fantastic and I brought a few home with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024