19th Niagara Celtic Heritage Festival (Fairgrounds in Lockport,NY)

It was the 19th, but it was my first time.  In former years it was at Olcott Beach, but this year they moved it ten miles closer to the fairgrounds in Lockport!!!!   Pam and I agreed to go together, so we met up at my house and I drove.  We arrived around 9:35, and parked and walked to an entrance.  Things seemed disorganized since at first there was only one line, and then we were directed to break up into two lines, one for those who already had tickets and the other for those who needed to purchase them.  LUCKY ME....!!!   I was given an already paid for ticket so I did not have to pay the sixteen dollars to buy one.  Thanks Karen Caron. (the name on the ticket)

One of the first things I noticed was so many people walking around in period costumes.

Pam met me inside and we walked around. A few of the buildings were open to the public.  One had vendors and a few agencies with info and freebies.  Pam bought a book from this author. 
There were dancing groups performing in the arena, we enjoyed watching the young girls


We listened to these guys for a few minutes.
There were British cars on display

Pam and I were talking with this friendly re-enactor 
when the PARADE OF THE CLANS started:


then we went to this area: 
 where we watched a puppet show
and this guy told us a non-funny joke

I bought REUBEN NACHO'S at Kith and Kin and shared it with Pam. 
and she bought some of Donna Eick's  turkey and stuffing and we shared it.
  We also shared a cherry almond scone.

Then we walked over to the area where the clans had set up booths
As we were leaving around three p.m., I stopped to take this picture. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023