LOCKTOBERFEST 2019: 9/28/19

This is one of my favorite yearly local events
The main reason I wanted to go this year was because of the re-enactment of this photograph:  
It was overcast and cool this morning.
  Betty picked me up and we headed towards Canal Street.  I think we arrived at ten a.m., an hour after it started.  We were checking out the vendors when a friend of ours, Mary, joined us.  Around ten thirty we walked down the ramp to the canal and locks.  We were present for the last half of the dedication ceremony for the completed restoration of one of the wooden locks (part of the flight of 5).

They they did the re-enactment of the photograph:
Susan Geisler, the sculptures who is making the statues of the people sat in the group for a couple of minutes

Then they opened the locks so that a Durham Boat could go through them.
 Mike was one of the locktenders

We decided it was time to find something to eat, and Mary decided to go home.  Betty and I split a CUBAN SANDWICH and I also had a Sahlens hot dog.  We sat and watched some of the entertainment.                         Celtic Spirit Pipe Band (I bought two of their CD's)
I purchased squash and raspberries from Stone Hollow Farm and I also bought a pair of flamingo earrings to give Betty on her birthday in November.

After we left LOCKTOBERFEST we went to JoJo's for ice cream.
                                We split an APPLE PIE SUNDAE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024