NIAGARA ARTS GUILD Event

I went to the Y this morning and did AQUA STRETCH and most of SILVER SNEAKERS SPLASH, and walked a bit and used a couple of machines.  Then I picked up lunch at Wendy's and ate it at the library while I read yesterday and todays paper.  I tried to nap without success, so I got up and did some housework and baked the huge butternut squash that I got at MILLERS the other day.

Yesterday I saw info about an event at the DALE tonight.  Paintings by Watkins doing a demonstration.  I invited Pam and Marlene to join me and both of them agreed to
The NAG (Niagara Arts Guild) had a meeting first, which was kind of boring to Pam and I.  But after the meeting their guest artist JEFF WATKINS did a demonstration   of innovative technique in oil painting from a watercolor landscape.   Basically, he looked at a watercolor painting that he had already done and painted another picture in oils.  Even though I know nothing about art or painting, I found it kind of interesting.  Here is the artist near the end of his presentation.
 and here is the painting that he worked from (more or less)


It was an interesting evening.  Marlene seemed to really enjoy it.  She and I talked a bit after the event was over.

I almost forgot to mention that I met Peter Boes, Jr. son of Peter Boes, who I think is a second cousin of mine.   He was at this event, it was his first time.  He seemed interested in joining the NAG.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023