CareNet Banquet 11/24/19

In the morning, I did a bit of shopping and then I went to visit Myrna, who is recovering from a fractured shoulder.  I bought her a tray that I think might help her at mealtime since she does not have a table in her new apartment. I had also packaged up some food for her, a small casserole dish of the STUFF I prepared the night before, some blueberry muffins and a slice of carrot cake.  We had a nice visit.  Her granddaughter  Kayla was there.

Tonight was the annual fundraiser dinner for the CareNet center.   Betty picked me up and then we went to pick up Bonnie.  I had also invited Marlene.  We had a bit of difficulty getting to CLASSIC V because there are two Tonawanda Creek Roads and we took the wrong one but we arrived at 5:30 the exact start time.

The theme was WHY WE SERVE. The speaker this year was the best one ever:
This is the program. Kailee Perrin may have aborted her beautiful daughter, Preslee, if someone had not suggested she go to the CARENET Center in Lockport.  Both Kailee and the babies father were rescued from drug addiction , they believed in Jesus and they married and now have four children.  Both Kailee and Preslee spoke and I am sure there were a lot of teary eyes.  There talk inspired me to give an extra fifty dollars.


The banquet was wonderful.  I think someone said there were 380 people in attendance.  I dropped forty dollars on the Chinese auction,  and I thought I didn't win anything but Peggy called later to tell me that I DID win a Vera Bradley bag...
This one here!  It is a bit too large to carry as a purse, so I am not sure what I will use it for.

Unfortunately we got got lost again on the way home.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024