Perfect FALL Saturday: 10/19/19

I heard on the radio about a Fall Festival at ABUNDANT HARVEST CHURCH (I think they call it APPLEFEST) in Knowlesville, NY and I called Becky to tell her.  Then she called me a bit later to tell me about the EQUINE event on Carmen Road.  Both events were today.  I mentioned them to Betty and she wanted to go, so we headed to Knowlesville at 9:40 this morning.  When we arrived, I was surprised to see so many cars there.  It was a much larger event than I thought I would be.

After looking around (vendors, crafters and apple items for sale) Betty and I decided to order lunch.  We each had the Beef on Weck meal deal.
it came with two sides (I chose salt potatoes and waldorf salad) I also purchased a slice of apple pie for a dollar as well as a glass of cider, it all came to $10.50 and I could not eat it all.  Becky joined us with her friend Kathy.  It was one of the best BOW I have had in a long time.  

Then we headed to the Grand Opening of the LOVE ALWAYS EQUINE CENTER on Carmen Road that Becky told me about.    But as we drove north on Knowlesville Road, we saw what we thought was an interesting spot.  It turned out to be KNIGHTS GIANT PUMPKINS. 


We got out and looked around and each got a small pumpkin. They had bounce houses and a wagon ride and I think maybe a corn maze.   Right near where we parked, there was a sign for DAYS OF YORE SHOPPE, so we followed the arrow to find this interesting shop.
Then we headed to LOVE ALWAYS EQUINE SANCTUARY.
It was basically a yard type sale, and an opportunity to meet the horses already rescued.
I purchased an autumn wreath.

Our final destination was the IROQUOIS NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGE.  We first went to the Casey Road Visitors Center to use the bathroom and get directions to SWALLOW HOLLOW.  

We thoroughly enjoyed our walk (a mile and a third) around SW.  We started out in the opposite direction so were basically walking against traffic.  There were several people walking the trail.  I took MANY pictures.  




It was not as colorful as we had hoped it would be, but we did see "spotty" color. 

On the way home, we stopped at TOPS and then at PIZZA OVEN.  It was a great day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024