LIGHT UP LOCKPORT 2019

Betty and I were planning on going to LIGHT UP LOCKPORT today when Dee called looking for something to do today.  I invited her to join us and she met up with Betty and I at my house and we headed out.

Our first stop was at the PALACE to watch the first half of ELF.  Then we went to EMMANUEL METHODIST CHURCH for the nativity display
and refreshments.  It is my opinion that it was not as good as it was last year because they had a table for kids to do crafts right in the middle of the room between where there used  to be couches and chairs on both sides.

Then we went to the Lockport Fire Department to take a tour.  Betty had a particularly good time!
 Officer Scapelleti showing us around.
Then we decided to go to LaPorts for lunch.  Betty and I both had the corn beef and cabbage.  I thought it was good, but Betty did not like it.  Then we went to the Main Street Rite-Aid so Dee could take care of something

We decided to take a break and return for the parade.  Betty dropped Dee and I off at my house and we both rested for an hour until Betty returned to get us.   I took the opportunity to put on a pair of long johns under my jeans and find some earmuffs.   We found a good parking spot in front of the library.  We checked out a new shop in the old post office
before the parade started.

Dee watched from inside the post office since the cold really bothers her.



After the parade, we headed over to the Palace for the entertainment.  As we were waiting to get in we met up with Pam and I asked her to join us.  We could not find four seats together so we split up.
A men's chorale group sang first and then the Diane Mulvaney dance studio presented a shortened version of THE GRINCH.
It was very good.

After that I almost suggested that we go out for pizza, but I decided not to.   Betty dropped Dee and I off at my house a little before eight p.m.  It was a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023