Memorial at FREEDOM SOUTH


Today was the memorial service for my friend Cindi's parents.  Her father died about ten years ago but they didn't have a memorial service because Cindi's mother hated saying goodbye.  Vera passed away around Christmas of last year.

As a member of the GO TEAM, I worked in the kitchen setting up for the funeral meal.  I arrived an hour early and worked with Peggy, Ginny and George and Betty.  We got to attend most of the service before running back to the youth sanctuary to put food out.  There was a LOT of food and the deserts were top notch. (Betty said they were better than Paula's Donuts.  After the meal, I helped with the "takedown", washed dishes and put together many of the leftovers for the family to take home.   I was REALLY tired so I did not stay until everything was done.  I got home around four p.m.



Later on Betty brought over one of the flower centerpieces and a notebook for the FREEDOM GROUP that Peggy is starting up this coming Thursday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024