May 21, 2020 including Bran Muffin Recipe

This morning was our final FREEDOM Group and it was held on zoom.  I don't know why but zoom would not accept the password Peggy gave me, so I had to do it via phone, which worked fine.  However, during the zoom meeting, I had to take a phone call from the Discharge Planner at Buffalo General regarding Mary Anne.  She will be discharged tomorrow and will go home.  The doctor and therapists feel confident that she can take care of herself.  I notified Alice and Bianca.

I was in charge of providing supper for Delores Zinck.  I put together two pork dinners.  I had made brownies last night.  Today, I made bran muffins using this recipe.  The muffins turned out nice, but next time I will add a couple of spoons full of brown sugar.  The recipe does not call for any sugar.
https://www.cooks.com/recipe/ay12x4au/apple-cider-bran-muffins.html   In case that recipe is deleted from cooks.com  I am including it in here because I plan to use it again.
1 1/2 c. whole bran cereal
1 c. apple cider
1 beaten egg
1/4 c. oil
1/4 c. maple syrup
1 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 apples, cored & finely chopped (1 c.)  (I substituted raisins for the apple)
In a small bowl, combine bran cereal and apple cider; let stand 3 minutes. Stir in egg, oil and maple syrup; set aside.In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, soda and salt. Make a well in the center. Add the bran-cider mixture and stir just until moistened. (Batter will be thick.) Fold in chopped apple.(raisins)
Grease muffin pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from pans; cool.

 I also made some tapioca pudding.

By the time I finished baking and cooking and  putting together the two bags of food (I included potato salad, applesauce, brownies, tapioca pudding and muffins along with the two meals) I was tired so I laid down for a while.  Then I took the food over to Delores.

I decided to go to WalMart for groceries and some other items.  When I walked in the door with my groceries, the phone was ringing and Peg reminded me of the zoom prayer meeting.  I prepared myself a light supper:  hash, toast and an egg and joined the meeting.  Zoom was working fine tonight.

I rewatched the last episode of WORLD ON FIRE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023