FREEDOM IN THE FIELD #4: Sunday, June 21

In the morning before heading over to FREEDOM, I started getting ingredients together to make a macaroni salad.  I also took the garbage pails out to the street.  I figured it might be the coolest part of the day and I might as well take advantage of it.

On the way in to the back parking lot at FREEDOM SOUTH, bottles of water  were passed out.  There were fewer people in attendance today than there were in the past three (much cooler) Sundays.  I parked under a small tree, behind and off to the side of the makeshift stage.  Betty parked next to me. Being parked there  made it kind of hard to hear, but I didn't miss much.  I opened all FIVE doors of my SUV so I could take advantage of the breezes.  I had my camera with me, but I would have had to leave my car and walk towards the back of the parking lot to take a picture or two and it was TOO darn hot.

After church, Marlene, Betty and I met up at SUB DELICIOUS on 31.  I bought a 99cent burger and ordered a medium pizza for the three of us to share.  They were very slow today and the burgers are not as good as they were a couple of weeks ago, and they got my order wrong.  Oh well.  We had a nice time together, anyways.

Marlene asked if Lockport was planning to have LOCKPORT IN BLOOM and I said yes, and told her the date:  July 10th.  She said that is her birthday.  I suggested we get together for supper and then go to the TWILIGHT Lockport in Bloom together.  She liked that idea.  I told her that I would get more info.

It was 89 degrees when I drove past Northwest bank on Main Street on the way home.  When I got home, I  took a phone call from Lydia.  She has been home from the hospital for a couple of days.

After my afternoon nap, I noticed that Mary Anne had tried to reach me. So I called her back, and we talked for a few minutes.  She said that everything is fine, and that she is drinking her BOOST.  I asked her if she would like to go get a haircut (Paula asked me to talk to her about this) and she said no.

I had not talked to Sarah B. in a few weeks so I called her.  She has seen a new ortho doctor and her hip replacement surgery will be in about a month.  I was happy to get that good news.  She read all the books I gave her in April and I will pick them up tomorrow.

I threw together the macaroni salad.  I worked on repairing two cloth masks and I think they are workable now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023