FREEDOM IN THE FIELD Week 5 and More

Once again, church was "in the field".

 I thought it seemed cooler than last week so I didn't claim a shady spot like I did last week.  It got pretty hot in my car, but I got some relief by opening the back hatch and standing in the shade it provided.   After church, popsicles were provided, and I had one and enjoyed fellowshipping with others.  Church will still be outside next Sunday, but the church will be open for those who have a hard time sitting in the sun.

I went to Chiavetta's to get a half chicken for lunch.  Today they were not at all crowded and a guy came to my car, took my order and my money and went in brought my chicken out.  Then I decided to go to Niagara Produce for a few produce items.  I got cherries, blueberries, bananas, one yellow squash, one sweet potato, eggs and a quarter pound of coleslaw.  On the way to NP, I had noticed a food truck offering ribs on Walnut Street, so I backtracked a bit and got some bbq ribs.

I felt OK spending extra money on the ribs because when I paid for my groceries at NP, I noticed that my available balance of EBT is now well over four hundred dollars.

The Sunday dinner I prepared for myself:  chicken, ribs, coleslaw and macaroni salad, with ice cream sandwiches for desert was exceptionally good.   Mary Anne called and we talked for a long time.  When her cell phone got low, I suggested that we talk more later since I was feeling tired and it sounded like she was tired also, since her speech was getting harder to understand.

I rested a bit and Mary Anne called back. We talked for a while until Paula arrived at her house to deliver cheeseburgers and ice cream.

Betty called and we decided to take a walk.  We walked down to Ida Fritz Park and back, using a different route on the way back.

    We left these two rocks at Ida Fritz Park.

 We noticed this new sign in front of a garage type door next to Grimbles.......?
       View of the canal from the Big Bridge.
     View of the canal from the Pine Street Bridge.

When I got home there was a message from Paula.   I called back and we talked for a little while.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023