Friday 6/26/20 Murder Mystery, Cleaning, and BAKED RICE PUDDING

In the morning, I did some cleaning and organizing and got my disguises ready for this afternoons ZOOM Murder Mystery that Marlene and I are participating in.  The Dale Association is putting it on.  I will be two characters:  Baldwin Shootsmore and Jigsaw Jane.

I took one phone call from my auto insurance company.

I made cheese biscuits to go with the soup I took out of the freezer and then decided to make some rice pudding using this recipe

BAKED OLD FASHIONED RICE PUDDING!!
This pudding turns out in a lovely custard texture. .
2/3 c. Minute Rice
2 3/4 c. milk
1/3 c. sugar
1 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
14 tsp. nutmeg
Cinnamon
1/2 c. raisins
How to make this recipe
First step Combine Minute Rice, milk & raisins, sugar, butter, salt, vanilla & nutmeg in a buttered 1 quart baking dish.
Second step Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 h, stirring after 15 mins & again when pudding is done.
Third step Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Finally step Serve warm or chilled. Pudding thickens as it stands

I got my costume items ready for the online MURDER MYSTERY event at the Dale.   I really enjoyed this activity.  



Peg called just as I was thinking of a nap.  She and David were on their way home from the Amish wedding they attended in Middleport this morning.  Irma Beachy got married.   Peg said she was going to come over and work in the garage a while.  I told her I would join her after I rested a bit.

I helped Peg for a while and then offered to go pick up supper for the two of us.  Peg agreed.  First, I went to Chiavetta's hoping to get half chickens but it was so crowded that I decided to go to Wendy's and get us salads.  We ate out in my backyard.  I provided rice pudding, and Peggy really liked it.   Peg wanted to continue working a bit, so I joined her. Peg found this large poster

At seven p.m. I told Peg that it was time for her to quit.  She had worked several hours.  She agreed.  

Mary Anne called and we talked for a couple of minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023