Geocaching and Car Accident: June 24, 2020

I realized that it was a cool, comfortable day and I called Betty to ask her if she wanted to go geocaching.  She said yes and we headed out, in separate cars, about 11:15 a.m.  We parked at the county jail and crossed the street   We found one of the two geocaches that are hidden across the street along a pathway that leads past ruins of  Niagara County's original poorhouse and its cemetery.   This marker is close to the road:
this is the only remaining gravestone in the cemetery
 This bench memorializes the Almshouse and Cemetery.




   This trail cam is close to the old silo.
The old silo is the only remnant that we saw.  We saw a lot of wild flowers.
  This stone wall runs alongside the silo.
 I figure this was the road leading into the facility.
When we got back to our cars, Betty said she was hungry and wanted to go out for lunch.  We decided to go to Ransomville to get lunch at KNEAD THE DOUGH, but we never made it because of getting involved in a car accident at the corner of 93 and Cambria-Wilson Road.  As I was waiting to make a left hand turn to go to Ransomville, with Betty following behind me I heard squealing brakes and looked in my rear view mirror just before Betty smashed into me.  I continued to turn and then after calling Betty on my cell phone, I headed back.  I turned into a car repair shop right across from the scene of the accident.  The guy in the blue car  who slammed into Betty's car causing her to slam into me, admitted to not paying attention and then not being able to brake quick enough to avoid smashing into Betty.   The sheriff and ambulance came as well as some volunteer fire people.  Everybody was very helpful.  Betty was taken into the ambulance so she could be checked out.  The EMT checked me out in my car. My BP was a little high, so they waited a bit and took it again.  I had to sign a few things and was given a report.  This is Betty's car behind the ambulance.
 The blue car is the one that hit us.
When we were finally cleared to leave, we decided to drive back to Lockport instead of heading on to Ransomville.  We stopped at Carson's and had lunch.  I had the Reuben and sweet potato fries.  

When I got home I called my insurance agent and she told me who to call at the company to get the process started.  I ended up talking with someone from the insurance company (Progressive American) of the guy who caused the collision.

Because I was experiencing lower back pain, I went to ENH Emergency Room and had x-rays which showed a muscular lower back sprain (or maybe strain).  Peggy stopped by to spend a few minutes with me.  I was only in the ER for a couple of hours.  They seemed to be extremely intent to keep things moving along.  

I was very exhausted when I got home from the hospital and only had a couple of muffins and a glass of Lactaid milk or supper.  There was a phone message from someone at Progressive, and I will return that call tomorrow morning.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024