Monday, June 29th, 2020

After meeting up with Peg at Freedom Church to get the copies she made of Mary Anne's HEALTH CARE PROXY, I drove to CARSTAR on the boulevard in Amherst.  I left the car there and was given a very nice dark gray KIA.  I went to TRADER JOES (a few miles down the boulevard) and spent about $138.00 of my EBT benefits.  I got pasta, canned baked beans, crackers, a couple of sauces, a strawberry rhubarb pie, ground beef patties, Baby Bel cheese, sweet corn on the cob, two dark chocolate bars, and much more.  When I got home I prepared myself a "burger" and opened a can of the baked beans for lunch and had a piece of the pie for desert. 

I took a nap and when I woke up, returned a call to CARSTAR where I was told that the damages are a little over $2,000 and the car should be ready on Friday.  

I took two or three calls from Mary Anne today.  She has pretty much resigned herself to not being able to continue chemotherapy and dying soon.  She said her speech therapist realized that she was hurting (the first time she has admitted to me that she is in pain).  I promised to make sure she has a MASS OF CHRISTIAN BURIAL and that I will call Prudden and Kandt tomorrow and see if the flowers are paid for and if they are doing funerals in the midst of the pandemic.  Also, I need to purchase a pair of dark slacks and a colorful top for her to be laid out in.

She and I will meet with her lawyer at her house on Wednesday morning at ll:00 a.m. I will go over early and pick up a bit and make sure there are places for everyone to sit. 

Paula came over to get the copies of Mary Anne's Health Care Proxy and I gave her a large piece of strawberry  rhubarb pie.  Mary Anne might refuse to go to Roswell tomorrow and D. Soffat (her primary) on Wednesday.  If so,  Paula will make sure both doctors get copies.

Tomorrow I plan to call Prudden and Kandt about 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023