Meeting with Mary Anne's Lawyer re: her estate

7/14 meeting with Marianne Koenig at Attorney
Pat Georges office in Lockport.

Kevin Kopek from Northwest Bank had told me to
get LETTER OF TESTAMENTARY from lawyer, but this
will take some time.  MK is petitioning the court
to make me temporary Executrix until the final
papers are approved.

One of MA's cousins being in a nursing home may
hold up the process.  She is mentally fine but
not physically.  Marianne said something about
this cousin not being able to come to Lockport to
have a signature notarized. 

The PRINCIPAL Account was updated in time, and
that money will go to ALL SAINTS CHURCH.

the money in the Northwest checking account
is MINE because MA added me to this account before she
passed away.   I will be reimbursed for any bills I
have paid out of this account. Keep receipts and records.
Bills will be paid out of the estates account
including engraving MA's mothers grave stone.
I need to take any bills to Marianne and she
will pay them. 

I can cancel landline and cell phone.
Cut up credit cards. (I did this when I got home)
They were AT and T Universal Mastercard and AAA Member Rewards Visa
Cancel car insurance after I have turned in the plates.

I can hire people to do any repair/maintenance
work on either property.  Also, to help me dispose of
MA's belongings such as packing up clothing, boxing up
knick knacks that are not valuable, any items that have
no real value. 

I signed a form regarding having MA's mail
diverted to me.  MK will take care of having this
done.

I need to ask Kevin if he plans to complete the work at
61 and 61 and a half Millar Place that MA already paid
him to do   $2000 for new cement driveway and $1000
to complete the replacement wall in her kitchen.  If
he does not wish to complete this work, he needs to
return he $3,000 to the estate.
Kevin can keep his car and other items he owns, which
are stored in MA's garage there until the house is sold.

Regarding the glass cabinet that Kevin wants, we need
to get it appraised and he can purchase it from the estate.

I can dispose of, give away, donate or whatever items that
have no real value such as clothing, etc.  CHECK for more
details regarding this in the green ESTATE informational
packet.

Cottage can be sold to the man who wants it for the agreed
upon price of $45,000. 

I will be offered a sum of 5% of the estate for my services
as executor (commission).  I can choose to take it or not take it.
If I  take it, it will be taxable.  The rest of the monies in
the estate are NOT taxable. 

Regarding the car.  I heard MA tell Paula that she can buy the
car from the estate for $3,000, so I mentioned this to MK.
HOWEVER, all of the heirs must agree to this.  I told MK that
Kevin will probably not agree. If so, the car will have to be
appraised and sold for its actual value. 

The estate must be kept open for seven months from the date that I
am appointed Executrix. 

I need to have the two rings, which I think are diamond
rings appraised and sold, money going to estate.

I gave Marianne K. one of the original death certificates.
I have forgotten what she said she will do with it but she said
she will try to use copies and save the original. 

I gave her the pink purse with the cash (approximately
$12,000) and she will deposit it in estate account (I
think at Northwest)

I need to notify NEW YORK STATE RETIREMENT of her death
and ask if there are any death benefits.  NYS Retiremant
info is attached to MA's 2019 income tax, so I called and
left message requesting that she call me and give me a
phone number.

Marianne kept most of the documents I took in, giving me a
receipt for them, which is on a yellow legal sheet.

She will check with Evans Bank to see if MA has any accounts
there. 

Letters are going out in the mail today to the other heirs.
I was given a copy of the will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023