Saturday July 18: Summer Festival at the Hartland Stone Schoolhouse

I spent over three hours at Mary Anne's house this morning, and bagged up several bags of clothing to be donated.   I also got rid of many paper items, other recyclables and a few bags of garbage.  I need to find out for sure what day garbage pick up is in this neighborhood.  While I was there, Paula came down and gave me Mary Anne's mail.    Just before leaving, I decided to call home and see if anybody had left a message.  The phone has technically been disconnected but it is still working. GO FIGURE.  Becky had called and was wondering if I was going to meet up with her at the Hartland Stone School house for the basket raffle and summer festival.  I went home to wash up and comb my hair, and I called her and said I would meet her there at one p.m.
 The basket raffle items took up the entire room!
Burgers and hot dogs were available for lunch. 
                                         I love cobblestone!



At the festival I had a burger, mac salad and a drink and then a piece of berry pie.  I spent twenty dollars on the basket raffle.  Later on in the day Becky called to tell me that I had won the small red lighthouse lamp.  I may donate it to the CareNet Banquet.

I met up with Betty at Outwater Park at 9:15.   They say that is the best place to watch the comet. We saw two planets, the Big Dipper and watched the space station go by, but did not see the comet.  And, we saw lots of fireflies and fireworks going on in Toronto.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024