Sunday, July 19th, 2020

I attended church INSIDE today, there were about 12 of us in the sanctuary.


The rest were outside for FREEDOM IN THE FIELD.  After church, there was a food truck DIRTY BIRDS CHICKEN AND WAFFLES.  But it was so hot that I decided to go home.   I stopped by Mary Anne's house to check on it, and stopped and parked on the Pine Street Bridge to see the beginnings of THE LOCKTENDERS statue that were set in place this past Friday..  They are covered up.
  But this picture was posted on FB after they were set up. 
The first three of 14 life-size bronze figures of 19th century lock tenders were installed in the Lockport Locks on Friday.  The sculpture is fashioned after a photo taken in 1897.  Here is the original photograph:  



When I got home, Betty called and she wanted me to meet her at LaPorts.  I reminded her that I do not eat INSIDE restaurants yet.

After lunch, I took a nap.  When I got up, I sorted through two bags of the stuff that I took out of Mary Anne's desk on July 4th, the day before she passed away.   There were her fathers pharmacy bills, and I think he passed away in 1989, among other things.  Much of what I found went into the trash.  

Connie called and we talked for a while.  When we said goodbye, I prepared myself some supper.  As I was finishing up, Betty called and wanted to go out for ice cream.  I declined.    After supper I finished up emptying the two bags of desk stuff.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024