FRIDAY Night Fun !! 7/24/20

Carrie's MSC held a conference call this morning to do Carrie's LIFE PLAN.   It went pretty well, about a half hour long.  Then I went to MA's house and worked for a few hours.  I think I am almost done with sorting through clothing and bagging it up to donate.  I took several bags over to Peggy at FREEDOM CHURCH, and she will deliver them to Save the Michaels.  I also put three large bags of blankets into the bin behind the church (Hearts for the Homeless).

It is not too often that I do something fun and/or interesting on Friday evening.  Betty has treated me to a meal at THE SHAMUS (her favorite restaurant in Lockport) a couple of times plus treating me to other things, so I offered to treat her to supper tonight. In the evening I met up with her and we ate out on the patio.  I had the grilled salmon and rice pilaf and grilled zucchini and summer squash.  It was delicious!  Then we took a walk down by the locks to see the newly placed lock tenders, the first three of the group.
      Eventually, the entire photograph will be reproduced in the same spot where the original picture was taken in 1897.


Then we went to Reid's for ice cream.  I had the lactose free, vegan, gluten free chocolate mint swirl in a waffle cone.   It was good, but this kind of ice cream is not as good as the real thing, it has a totally different texture.

When I got home, I read by book about Corrie ten Boom for a while, out on my front porch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023