FIRST DAY OF AUGUST, 2020

I got off to a late start today, I am not sure why.  I got to Mary Anne's house around 10:15 a.m.  I got right to work on the bedroom that leads to the attic.  It was pretty hot up  there, so I  took boxes downstairs and turned on TV and emptied them out while watching TV.  There were a LOT of old papers that I bagged up and put into the trash.  I organized loads of postcards into a plastic box.  I bagged up several bags of coins to take home and sort through and put in those paper coin holders.

When I was doing my final "clean up" meaning when I pick up all of the messes I made while sorting, I found what I thought was a treasure.  Three boxes containing a coin collection that was very well organized.  I looked in each box briefly and decided to take it home with me.  I was thinking it might be worth a few thousand dollars.  My house is more secure than Mary Anne's because it is inhabited and because I have an alarm system. I went to Wendy's and got a baked potato, a small cheeseburger and a free iced tea (free senior drink). When I got home, I had lunch and then I called Mike and asked him where would be a good place to take the collection to get appraised.  He said he wanted to see it, so I suggested he come over.  He went through it and said it is probably worth a couple of hundred dollars, since there are very few valuable coins in it.  

After Mike left, I took a shower and a nap.  Peggy called and said they were close to home.  She said she would be coming over to move some junk to the street to be picked up by MODERN tomorrow.  I told her to NOT come over and I would take care of it.  Myrna also called and we talked for a while.

I fixed myself a real supper, grilled zucchini, two hotdogs and polenta (all on the grill pan).  It was pretty good.  I will take tomorrow off from going to Mary Anne's house.  I am pretty sure I can finish up the third bedroom on Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024