Christmas Eve 2020 New Banana Bread Recipe/Chocolate Milk Pie

 I have to use up some bananas that are too ripe. I decided to NOT use a Bisquick recipe, and the Betty Crocker Cook Book, which I have been looking through lately, does not have a recipe for banana bread.  I found this online and got the ingredients ready before going over to Halls to pick up my pie:

Ingredients

  • 1 Stick (1/2 Cup) Butter
  • 3 Large Ripe Bananas
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
  • 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or grease with butter and set aside.
  • Add the stick of butter to a large bowl and microwave for 1 minute, or until melted.
  • Add the bananas to the same bowl and mash with a fork.
  • Add the vanilla extract and egg to the bowl and use the same fork to mash and stir until no yellow streaks of egg remain.
  • In a second large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
  • Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together with a spatula just until combined.
  • Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.

AFTER I picked up the elderberry pie, the rest of the day CHRISTMAS EVE DAY loomed before me and I started to feel a bit dreary.  I decided it would be  good time to use up a couple of items I got free recently.  A quart of chocolate milk and a already prepared shortbread crust.  SOOOO, I made a CHOCOLATE MILK PIE, using this recipe   

https://www.mexicoinmykitchen.com/chocolate-milk-pie-recipe/

Apparently, this is a popular desert in Mexico, sold in many bakeries rather than prepared at home.    It was easy enough to prepare even though it seemed to take forever to bring the mixture to a "simmer".  After it was in the frig for several hours, I had a small piece.  It is pretty good.

Gail, Bob and Marty dropped of two poinsettia plants one for me and one for Peg,

so I was able to give them their present  

I watched the Christmas Eve service at FREEDOM CHURCH online and took a few pictures: 







In the evening, (after watching the Christmas Eve Service online,  I watched IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE on TV.

I thought I had seen it before, but I guess I hadn't. Connie called a few minutes after it started, but I told her I wanted to watch the movie.  She has a list of funny Christmas movies that she wants to share with me.  We agreed to talk tomorrow.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023