NEW YEARS EVE DAY 2020


 It is the last day of 2020.  What a year.  It started out with our President on trial IMPEACHMENT.  But he was not convicted of any crimes.  The liberals jello did not stick to the wall!!!  Thank God...........DJT was given more time to strategically improve the world with peace deals, etc.  I am just now remembering how the press talked about him when he said he was trying to get a vaccine before the end of the year.  They were brutal in making fun of him.  HOWEVER, HE DID IT!!!!  People are now being vaccinated against COVID 19.  What a miracle!!!!

Anyways,  the first thing I did today was make a batch of chocolate chip cookies.  I followed a few tips that I got on the Facebook page for old fashioned recipes...............chilling the dough, using non stick cookie sheets and using Crisco in place of part of the butter.  STILL, they did not turn out as good as I was hoping for.  I need to get Vicky's recipe since her chocolate cookies are absolutely perfect!  

I talked to Marlene and we decided to cancel our walk today.  Tomorrow, we will do our own FIRST DAY HIKE.  I will pick Peggy up and we will meet up with Marlene "at the barns" at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge at eleven a.m.  Peggy has never been to the refuge! 

I decided to try something.  Making chocolate custard by using chocolate milk instead of regular milk. It worked well!

I went over to David and Peg's house for New Years Eve supper, steak, lobster, shrimp, spinach salad, garlic toast and my contribution:    chocolate chip cookies, Italian Wedding Cookies from Molinaros and the chocolate custard.   Peggy said she loved the custard but David didn't say (at least not to me).

We watched the movie about Togo   

It turns out that this was not the version that Pastor Craig used for his LET'S GO TO THE MOVIES.  This version came out in 2019, and there was another new version, also.  But we all enjoyed this one.  

When I got home, I had phone messages from Connie and Sue.  I called Connie back and she answered and we talked for a while.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023