SUNDAY, DECEMBER 27th Recipe for Crispy Potato Patties

 I had pretty much decided to stay away from public events until after the end of 2020 because of the pandemic, and the rising number of cases and deaths in Western, New York BUT last evening, I decided that I really wanted to go to church today, for the second Sunday of LET'S GO TO THE MOVIES.  We usually have that in July, but church was closed then, or maybe it was outdoors at that time, so Craig decided to do it in December.  But then we had to close again temporarily, so we have only done two episodes by the end of December, since this is the last Sunday of the month.




I was happy that todays movie was ELF, which is my favorite Christmas movie.  Also, Peg, David and I watched it together two days ago on Christmas Day.  Pastor Craig did a great job choosing clips from the movie and weaving them into his theme of KINDNESS.

On the way home from church I stopped at SUBWAY and purchased a six inch sub for my lunch.  After lunch, I worked more on sorting through old photographs.  I made some progress before I started to feel tired and decided to take a nap.  However,  I could not fall asleep probably because of drinking a Dr. Pepper with my sandwich.

I decided to try to use of the rest of the mashed potatoes I made a few days ago.  I found a recipe for 

CRISPY POTATO PATTIES:

  • 2 cups mashed potatoes (cooled)
  • 1 egg (beaten)
  • 1 onion (minced)
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • Mix together the mashed potatoes, beaten egg, and onion in a medium bowl.
  • Add the flour, cheese, salt, and pepper, and stir well with a wooden spoon.
  • In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and butter together until the butter melts and the mixture starts to sizzle.
  • Drop about 1/4 cup of the potato mixture into the frying pan, patting it into 3-inch circles that are about 1/2-inch thick. Cook the potato patties until the bottom is browned and crisp, which will take about 3 to 4 minutes .Turn them over and brown the other side. 
  • They turned out great!   Very tasty.  I had them with a slice of ham with raisin sauce and some vegetables.  And then I had a large piece of fruitcake, from the batch I made last week.  After all, today IS National Fruitcake Day!!
  • I tried to find PRIDE AND PREJUDICE  on both On Demand and on PBS.com, but neither one seems to be available.   I found the whole first season of THE PRODIGAL SON 

    (Fox) on On Demand and started watching it.  I fell asleep during episode 3, but I think I have seen enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023