Tuesday, December 29th, 2020

 I went out to run some errands this morning.  First to the library to pick up a DVD (the one about Togo), then to Niagara Produce to get some bananas, and then I dropped some items off at the lawyers office.  Then to Rite Aid to pick up my new eye drops. Then I went thru the BK drive thru and got a two for five dollar special............one whopper and one fish sandwich.  I was disappointed when the girl handed me the bag, since it did not feel at all hot, not even warm.  When I arrived home, the phone was ringing and it was Kevin Kopek from Northwest Bank and we set a time to meet next week.  Then Marlene called and we agreed to go for a walk on New Years Eve Day and possibly a hike on New Years Day, if the weather is OK.  

After a nap and before getting ready to go to FREEDOM, I started chopping vegetables for CABBAGE ROLL SOUP, which I plan to put in the crockpot tomorrow morning. 

I arrived at FREEDOM CHURCH a little early to help Peggy with the funeral meal, so I went into the sanctuary for part of the funeral of Jack Poyfair's grandson, Nick.  I never met Nick, but I know his grandfather.  Jack used to own the little corner store near where I live.  


  Peg, myself, Jenny, Vicky and Ben were in charge of handing out food for the guests.  Sandwiches, wraps, salad, potato chips, desert and drinks.  It all went well.  After everyone was served, I sat and ate with Marsha, Marlene, Maggie and Peggy.  

I offered Jenny five months worth of RESTASIS, since I started another eye drop today.  Jenny's insurance does not help with Restasis and her doctor recommended it.   After we left the church she came over and I gave it to her.  

I was home in time to watch AMERICAN MASTERS, about Laura Ingalls Wilder.  This documentary revealed that Laura's life was much more difficult than what she wrote about, and that her daughter Rose was heavily involved in editing her books, but she never wanted credit for it. 


  It was very good and I may watch it again on ON DEMAND.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023