Wednesday, December 23, 2020 The Day Before the Day Before Christmas

 I was doing laundry and changing sheets when Connie called.  We talked for about an hour.  Then Sue called and wanted addresses and birthday information that I had, so we talked for close to a half hour..  I tried to reach my sister Gail, so I can arrange to get her Christmas gift to her.  I wanted to pick up my new eye drops at Rite Aid but apparently Dr. Legeratta and Univera are still working on getting it pre-approved.

I decided to go to the library to pick up a couple of calendars as well as to Prudden and Kandt, who also gives away nice calendars. I got two at the library and one at Gould's Flower Shop.   Prudden and Kandt was closed.  I drove around and saw some of the houses decorated for Christmas.  




I decided to try making Yorkshire Puddings again, this time using the recipe found in the old Betty Crocker cookbook.  I think this is the recipe I used a long time ago when I was first married, to make cream puffs.  And then again, a few years ago, since I moved here, I made Yorkshire Puddings a few times.

Anyways, this recipe worked well and the popovers turned out well.  The recipe makes 12.  Next time I will grease the muffin cups better than I did today, OR use a non stick muffin pan.  

See how nicely they popped/puffed up!!!!

Peg called several times in the evening.  She asked me to help with a funeral meal next Wednesday.  Betty called, and so did Myrna.  

I received a beautiful card and a nice letter from Leslie.  I went to my email and typed out a nice return letter to her BUT then I was kicked online  (SPECTRUM STINKS)  so I saved it to drafts.  I went in later when I was online and found my draft, but only the first line of my email was saved.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023