First Day Hike on NEW YEARS DAY 2020: January 1, 2021

 I wanted to do a FIRST DAY HIKE for the first time, but the closest one to Lockport was at Reinstein Wood which is quite a drive SO Marlene and I decided to do our own FIRST DAY HIKE this  morning and then Peggy decided to join us, so we met up at the parking area for the Kanyoo Trail at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge.  While we were walking, Peg got a text from Ben saying that his Great Grandma, who is in a Buffalo hospital with double pneumonia had a heart attack.  Dottie is in her late eighties.  

There were a lot of cars in the parking lot and a lot of people walking the trails even though it was pretty cold.  


When I got home, I made myself a grilled ham and cheese sandwich for lunch, and then took down a couple of Christmas decorations and all of a sudden I started to feel really weary.  Peg called and said she wanted the recipe for the CABBAGE ROLL SOUP.  After talking to her I took a nap.
 
I tried to reach Sue by phone, but got her answering machine.  Myrna called and I need to call her back.  
When I got up, it was time to pull the ham bone out of the crockpot and cool it a bit and take the meat off and put it back into the crockpot.  I also added a heaping teaspoon of chicken bone broth, and then I made some cornbread.    I opened a jar of homemade applesauce that I purchased at the festival at the church in Gasport this past fall.  It was a very good meal!  I have a lot of leftover cornbread as well as black eyed peas.  I will take some to Peggy tomorrow and freeze some.  

I connected with Mary online, and finally connected with Myrna by phone.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

EAGLE WATCH at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge and more: 2/1/2020

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)