Monday, January 4th, 2020

 I had my semi annual dentist appointment this morning, for cleaning and check.  It went well.  I took some items back to the library.  I checked the "food box" behind the Methodist Church to see if all the tins of cookies I left were still there.  They were gone.  So I went to Rite Aid and purchased a dozen more and took them to the box.  No sooner had I pulled away from the box and a woman was there taking items from the box.  

These very small tins of cookies were on sale for a quarter at all of the Rite Aids.  I hope several people get enjoyment out of them!

I made myself banana pancakes for lunch and as I was finishing up, Mike called.  Someone messaged him asking who the "Niethe" was who taught at the First Presbyterian Church.  I told him that it was our Aunt Jane (Uncle Norman's wife).  I don't remember her or her family being at First Pres. but Cindy Landrigan told me a couple of times that she was taught by a female Niethe.  I asked Aunt Jane when I saw her, and she said it was her.  I think she taught Wednesday afternoon church school.  Mike and I started discussing the various cemeteries in Lockport and I was asking him about the graves at the old poorhouse cemetery across from the county jail (the one Betty and I explored just before we were rear ended by the "Florida guy" in June.   However, he had another call, and said he could call me back, but he must have forgotten.  

I finished putting my Christmas decorations away, and sliced up a butternut squash and put it in the over, covered with foil, to bake or roast.  When it was fully baked, I took it out of the oven and then I took a much needed nap since I did not sleep well last night.  

I relaxed for the rest of the day, reading and watching TV.  I talked to Betty on the phone.  She has gone back to her old ways, the behavior that I think put her right in the path of getting COVID.  She STILL thinks that it is crazy to isolate and stay away from other people.  She went all the way to Harris Hill Rehab to pay a three dollar bill for her cable tv.   HARRIS HILL IS FULL OF COVID.  Then she went to several stores.    Sure, she has immunity since she has already had COVID, but is it or is not possible that (since it is airborne) that she is getting it on her clothing when she goes places, and then exposing other people to what she has picked up?????   I am kind of upset at her attitude, which her daughter in Florida seems to be reinforcing.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

EAGLE WATCH at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge and more: 2/1/2020

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)