Wednesday, January 6, 2021 RETURN TO THE Y !!! PROTESTS AT THE U.S. Capital !!!!!!
I met with Kevin Kopek at NorthWest Bank for a full hour this morning, straightening out my financial stuff. Then I dropped off some documents that the lawyer requested from the bank. Then I decided to go to the Y and renew my membership for the new year. However, I was not able to. Procedure has changed and I was given a phone number to call to register and pay. I was allowed to go into the Y without a current membership so I walked the track for about twenty minutes. It felt so good to be there.
After lunch, I worked on getting my pictures from my 2000 trip to Maine uploaded to my flickr account. Betty dropped off a Christmas gift, a bag of my containers, and a bag of clothing for me to go through. As I was finishing up organizing my Maine pictures in flickr, I heard over the radio that protestors had taken over the capital building and that it was on lockdown and that there have been gunshots. The house chamber has been breached, and some protestors have made it to the senate floor. I immediately turned on my TV to find out more. I could not believe my eyes and ears. UNBELIEVABLE that thugs attacked the capital building after attending a Trump rally to protest the certification:
I was glued to my recliner in front of tv for a few hours. What a nightmare. However, its the same stuff that has gone on in big cities since the middle of 2020. I guess it just seems worse since it was in our nations capital. It is terrible that a young woman died, and I think others were injured. There is a lot of surveillance video that shows many of the perps very clearly and I hope they all spend time behind bars and also have to pay for the damages to the capital building.
In the evening, I talked with both Peggy, and Myrna on the phone. I called Leslie after she asked "what did I miss?" on facebook. She does not have cable TV. I told her about the rioters invading the Capital building.

Comments
Post a Comment