Wednesday March 24, 2021

 I spent about an hour this morning checking to make sure I had all of my documents ready to get my income tax done one week from today.  Everything is arranged with appropriate notes and explanations.  I then decided to call Met Life about cashing in a stock account now instead of naming beneficiaries.  It took well over a half hour (a very frustrating half hour) to finally reach someone who could help me with this, but it is accomplished and I will get a check in about ten days.

I had to go to the library, so I decided to bundle that errand with others.  I went to a new can and bottle redemption place and got rid of two small bags of water bottles.  I went to the post office and mailed something important from Oxbow, regarding Carrie's second COVID vaccination.  I went to the Dollar Tree and stocked up on some items I always purchase there:  napkins, dish liquid, small kitchen trash bags, etc.    I ran into Marlene there.  Then I dropped some items off at the GOOD WILL. 

Then I went to TOPS, hoping to find something NON-FOOD (since I do not need anything) to purchase with a gift card from my seventieth birthday in 2019.   I found three solar lights for outside and an insulated bag with an outside pouch for a water bottle.  It is kind of a cheapie item, but I feel sure that I will use it.  


All the bananas at TOPS were over ripe, so I stopped at Niagara Produce and bought some as well as buying some canned soup to deliver to two of the local food boxes,  and then went to the library to pick up a book they were holding for me.  I read todays paper while I was there.

I called the Social Security office in Jamaica, New York to ask why it is taking so long for them to send Mary Anne's final check.  They referred me to the local office in Niagara Falls, so I called there.  I was told that they are backlogged due to COVID and that we just need to wait.  I emailed the estate lawyer and asked if it might be possible for us to close the estate without that payment from SS.  

In the evening I made plans with Cindi and Betty to meet up at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge visitors center at eleven a.m. tomorrow.  The plans are to decide which trail to go to at that time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023