Golden Hill/Lake Ontario/Lighthouse with Jan Friday, June 11, 2021

 Jan and I got together to do some exploring.  I drove and first we went to Miller's Bulk Food Store where we purchased some groceries and I got a sandwich.  Then we went to Golden Beach State Park, where we got in free because of being seniors.  We took a tour of the lighthouse,


which was very nice.  Then we had a picnic lunch

and then we walked on the interpretive trail to the beach.  The beach was very beautiful today


and what was interesting was that others who were there before us had built two structures. 

 We collected some rocks for painting.  When we were done on the beach we decided not to continue and walk the trail, but to walk back to the car.  And then we headed home.

However, on the way I turned on my navigation system to see if we could find a building that I had read about in the ABANDONED LOCKPORT book I purchased at the History Center.  The system was not working well, but we did find it.

Years ago, it was an orphanage.  There were people in the yard so I took this quick picture and left without looking for the outbuildings associated with the main building.  

We drove through Barker, since Jan had never been there.  The THEE BARKER STORE has closed, and it appears to be a permanent closure.  That is too bad because it was very much like a five and dime from the fifties and sixties.  Carol Kraft and I had lunch there when she visited me a few years ago.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

EAGLE WATCH at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge and more: 2/1/2020

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)