Saturday, June 5th, 2021

 Peggy and David came over in the morning and carried the old TV out to the back of my car and then Peg and I took it to the drop off station at Outwater Park.  It was quick and easy.  Then David checked over my alarm system.  I am not sure what he did but it is now working well.  Cassandra called to wish me a Happy Birthday.  David put up four new motion detector lights around my house.  I am very well covered now.  

Paula picked me up at one p.m. and we headed to HOAKS in Hamburg.  I was a little concerned when we arrived because every parking spot was taken, but we got our table quickly.  I ordered baked (or maybe broiled) shrimp and scallops which came with ONE side, I chose mac and cheese.  When I saw how small my meal was I quickly added in a side of coleslaw.  Paula had the fish fry which was HUGE, and she gave me a small piece and it was very good.  HOAKS is right on Lake Erie and offers an outdoor seating section.  Here are a couple of views from the spot where we parked:  



On the way home, we drove down Main Street, Buffalo and she pointed out several places.  She is very familiar with Buffalo.  We stopped at PAULA'S DONUTS and she got me two donuts.  She gave me a gift bag with some of my favorite candies in it.  Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Twizzlers and Mounds Bars.  I need to remember that her birthday is in the end of September.

I spent the rest of the day at home and did a bit of cleaning.  Connie called to wish me a HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  Elaine called and she agreed to be a part of the road rally/scavenger hunt next Saturday.  Peg called to remind me that her friend Bev needs a ride home from church tomorrow.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

EAGLE WATCH at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge and more: 2/1/2020

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)