Out and About with Elizabetty: Thursday, July 22, 2021

 I was planning on staying home today and doing several small jobs but Betty called around nine a.m. and asked if I wanted to go to Gasport for a "church sale".   I asked her if it was a rummage sale and she said she was not sure.  I agreed to go and she picked me up about 45 minutes later.

When we got to Gasport, we looked for the church but the sale was actually at two homes on the same street, and since the owners planned to give a good portion of what they bring in to a church, they called it a "church sale."

I found several items including a brand new pair of sandals, exactly like a pair I already have, two milk glass globes for the lamps Mary Anne gave me, two short sleeved tops, an interesting candle in a glass jar with a top that closes, two lacy tablecloths (one round and one rectangle), a glass dome to put over cookies or brownies, a real nice brand new colorful large stretchy headband and maybe one or two more items.   I think I spent ll or 12 dollars.

Betty noticed a nice patio table with an umbrella and four chairs and she called Elaine Edmister and told her about it.  The price was fifty dollars.  Betty called Elaine and they made arrangements to borrow a truck, so we did that and were able to get it to Elaine's house and help her set it up on her deck.  While there, we walked back to the barn so I could see the bunnies, turkeys and hens and roosters.  



I think that Betty was disappointed that the barn cat was no where to be seen.  

After that, Betty and I went to Millers where we purchased sandwiches and other items.  We ate our lunch in the very small dining area there.  One table!

On the way home, we stopped to see Liz Cloy, Betty's son in laws sister, who is battling cancer.  We visited her for about fifteen minutes.  

When we got back to my house, Betty came in while I packaged up some plums and peanut butter cookies for her to take to Myrna.  Then I tried out the new milk glass globes and they fit the double lamp that I have in my family room (my second living room), which is nice because I also have a larger milk glass globe for a larger lamp that Mary Anne gave me.  

I prepared one of the filet mignons that I got at Millers for my supper along with the ear of corn Betty gave me.  I found the steak to be almost tasteless.   I found the movie NORTH


on my ROKU TV and watched it, it is pretty good.

The milk glass lamp globes look really nice when it is dark!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024