Picnic Lunch at Day Road Park and Event at the Palace 7/19/21

Early today, I mopped my kitchen floor and prepared a small pasta/vegetable salad for my lunch.   I had lunch with the other girls in the "LUNCH BUNCH", which are girls who graduated from LSHS in 1967 with me.  Present today were Barb, Marie, Liz, Janice, Bonnie and her sister Terry.  We had a very nice time.  We did not set another time to meet.

I went home and rested in the afternoon and then spent some time fiddling with my ROKU TV.  I found that I can get PBS LIVE and access a lot of their programs.  I was also able to open an account with NBC, and I was given credits, but I am not sure what exactly that means.  I was not able to register with CBS, my Roku tv claims that Spectrum does not offer that for me.  That is not accurate, but I will try again another time.  

I picked Elaine up at five thirty and we met her friend Geri Kay at the Palace for this event:  

I was surprised to see Crystal Cleri working the concessions

Geoffrey Koplas as William R. Kenan

Charles Begley as Raphael Beck


The show was really interesting.  There were a lot of people there.  My brother was there with his friend Mike, but I didn't get to speak with him, since they left right away at the conclusion of the program.

It turned out that Alan VanDeMark (I babysat for his five kids when I was in high school) is the grandson of Raphael Beck.    Elaine knows him and introduced us.  He really does not remember me, (most likely they had many babysitters over the years) but I remember his family well.  He was with his second wife, Laura, and he told me that his first wife Joanne still lives in the same place where they lived when I was working for them.  Three of the VanDeMark kids who I took care of are living out of state, but two of them are in Ithaca.  Alan fathered another child after he married Laura.  

Since we were the last people to leave the Palace, I was able to take several pictures, showing the recent renovations.  

This chandelier is in the lobby.  I don't know if it is the original or if it has been repaired or maybe replaced.








There are two more events with re-enactors coming up.  One has to do with the history of Lockport's churches.    I hope to go to both of these events.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024