Monday and Tuesday, September 20th and 21st.

 9/20    Today was the day I assigned (made a decision to) to purchase a CHROME BOOK, a smaller laptop that will be easier and lighter for travelling and to also look for a new camera.  I went to OFFICE MAX and found a Chrome Book that was on sale and purchased it.  I can return it within thirty days with the receipt and the original box if it does not meet my expectations.  I did not see a camera that looked right for me.  When I got home, I remembered that I have two digital cameras that belonged to Mary Anne, so I found them and tried to figure them out.  I am pretty sure one of them is broken and I can't turn on the other one.

I got the Chrome Book up and running and even figured out how to move pictures from my SD card (from my camera) to the CB and then to flickr.  However, I can't seem to figure out how to delete files including the several Christmas movies that seem to be saved on the CB..............and I had nothing to do with putting them there.  

I did a little bit of yardwork later in the afternoon and talked to Peggy on the phone.  I agreed to bring the portion of her book that I have read to the church tomorrow when I go in for the Life Group.


9/21   Life Group was very good, and then several of us decided to go to Wendy's for lunch.  It was me, Ann, Vicky, Elaine, Karen and Mary.  We were there for a long time, talking, and I was the first to leave.

I worked on a list of items that Cindi and I need to take when we go to Allegany State Park next month.  The list is getting terribly long, but the good thing is that Cindi and I can divide parts of it up.  

I fooled around with my CB for a while in the afternoon and then decided to take some food items to a Little Food Pantry and also go to the library to read the current newspapers.   When I was putting the food items into the pantry,  a man on a bike stopped to tell me that the same lady keeps emptying the pantry and she does not really need the food.  Then a woman came along to put a loaf of bread in the pantry.  She noticed that I was leaving a cake mix and can of frosting and she said that she was going to take it for the little boy who lives next door to her since his birthday is tomorrow.  


read the current newspapers.  While there, I was given a (new) free copy of this book DRAGONFLY by Leila Meacham.  It will be discussed at a live (rather than online) book club meeting in mid-October.  

Then I went to SOLID ROCK and picked up a spaghetti dinner.  On the way home, my LOW TIRE PRESSURE light came on.  I pulled into Zimmie's Tire, but they were already closed.  I will take it to Beaumans tomorrow.  

I had to fool around with my ROKU tv when the picture went all kerflooey.  I changed a setting or two and its much better, but maybe not as good as it was before.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023