Friday, October 29th, 2021 Kenan Center and Panera's

 Last night I had the idea of going to the Kenan Center today for the watercolor exhibit.  So, this morning I called the Kenan and asked if they still require reservations ahead of time (as stated on their webpage).  Candy answered the phone and she said to just come in, no reservations necessary.  I called Cindi and asked her if she was free and she said yes.  We agreed on twelve thirty and I said "lets call some others and see if they want to join us".  I called Pam (she said yes), Marlene (she said she would try), Elaine (she said she was too worn out from working outside all day yesterday), Sue R. (she said no) and Geneva (I left her a message).

Before going to the Kenan Center, I went to DOLLAR TREE and purchased items to put my second OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD box together, this one is for a boy.

Anyways, it ended up to be Cindi, me, Marlene and Mary who met up at the Kenan Center.   Pam did not join us.  The four of us enjoyed the exhibit,


and then Marlene, Cindi and I agreed to meet up at Panera's.    I had a bowl of squash soup, and they each had a larger lunch.   Jenny was there having lunch with one of her daughters and a couple of grandkids and I stopped at their table to say hello.  She said it was her first day getting out of the house after 21 days staying home due to being sick.  

All through lunch at Panera's I was freezing even though we were sitting right by the fireplace.  When I got home I called Peggy and told her that I did not want to go to the play at the high school tonight.  I just want to stay home and stay warm.

Cindi delivered a piece of her homemade rhubarb pie to me in the afternoon.  It was delicious!

I called Betty in the evening and we confirmed that we are going to the guided walk at the Poor House Cemetery tomorrow morning.  I watched THE YEAR 2020 (Spectrum) on TV.  It is shameful how they vilified Trump............some of reported incidents that were proven to be untrue were told the original way BEFORE debunking.    In the shows defense, there were two or three sentences near the end that told that many people liked his policies and what he accomplished during his four year term. 

After that, I started watching 


 mostly because I really like Nicola Walker.  She is such a good actress.  She just seems so natural.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023